My 12 gallon JBJ Nano Cube.

speg

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3255496
Your tank is coming along nicely. I agree with the wifey, plugs look fake. I try to take the coral off the plug of a least trim the plug down and put the coral where I think it will do and look the best.
With some coral I plan on letting them grow for a while and fragging a piece off the plug and then selling the plug back to the store. Only limited room in a 12 gallon (and I'm already running low).

speg

New stuff came! Some inverts for my wife to look at and a duncan for me. Also got some wild toe. I'm interested to try it later tonight.

speg

A small little shot of one of the two sexy shrimp I got today.. camera sucks-sorry.
Porcelain crab is hidden of course, but he'll be enjoyed when I get a peek once in a while.
Duncan hasn't fully extended yet, barely coming out so far.
the $1.99 green fl ric looks pretty though.

jemshores

Sorry...Get Tanked is in Spring Hill (thinking of a store in Ocala) LOL. Been to Aquatic Visions; but never the Marine Warehouse. Call Get Tanked and get directions....they are on Sprinh hill Drive close to the exprssway entrance/exit. Will def check out the warehouse! Thank you!

speg

Originally Posted by jemshores
http:///forum/post/3256312
Sorry...Get Tanked is in Spring Hill (thinking of a store in Ocala) LOL. Been to Aquatic Visions; but never the Marine Warehouse. Call Get Tanked and get directions....they are on Sprinh hill Drive close to the exprssway entrance/exit. Will def check out the warehouse! Thank you!
You should. I just went there yesterday (while on the clock) and the place was stocked full of coral/fish.
I'm working in springhill today so I'll go check out get tanked. Thanks.

speg

I tried to find that shop in Spring Hill that you talked about.. Couldn't find it.
I ordered another piece of montipora today and another duncan.. had a gift card to another place so I felt like getting rid of it. :p They'll come Tuesday of next week.

speg

Let me throw some new stuff out there... whole tank:

Up top view:

New monti cap.. my first sps.

speg

New duncan from swf.com, florida ric from swf.com, and candycane from swf.com:

Shot of the acan.. wish I could get closer with the camera..my favorite coral:

A shot through the side of my tank..maybe you can see one of the sexy shrimp:

speg

One box of Jif buttermilk biscuit mix.. cost me about 70 cents.
One cup of milk. (I used fat free)
One half cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
a half-teaspoon of garlic POWDER.
Mix all of it up really good.... Preheat the Oven to 400 degrees F.
Spoon out about 6-7 (could make 8) clumps of the mix onto a non-stick baking sheet.. put into the oven for 10 minutes.
In a small bowl mix a little butter with some garlic SALT (just a couple dashes of the garlic salt will be fine)
After 10 minutes take them out of the oven and spread on a small little layer (I use a knife) of the butter/ garlic salt mix... then put back in for 5 minutes..
Let cool a little and enjoy... boom... enjoy.

Originally Posted by Speg
http:///forum/post/3257412
One box of Jif buttermilk biscuit mix.. cost me about 70 cents.
One cup of milk. (I used fat free)
One half cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
a half-teaspoon of garlic POWDER.
Mix all of it up really good.... Preheat the Oven to 400 degrees F.
Spoon out about 6-7 (could make 8) clumps of the mix onto a non-stick baking sheet.. put into the oven for 10 minutes.
In a small bowl mix a little butter with some garlic SALT (just a couple dashes of the garlic salt will be fine)
After 10 minutes take them out of the oven and spread on a small little layer (I use a knife) of the butter/ garlic salt mix... then put back in for 5 minutes..
Let cool a little and enjoy... boom... enjoy.
sweet! I will try those tomorrow with dinner
thanks

speg

Originally Posted by Kevin_Bullis
http:///forum/post/3259364
Sweet looking tank, keep up the good work!
Kevin
Thanks bud. Got a few more additions that got added.. a different type of duncan and another monti. Everything is doing well and thriving EXCEPT one of my earliest additions which is a Ricorida Yuma. I just think that I didn't get the placement correct to make it happy, but I'm really not sure.
I think that all I really want now is some different color zoas and maybe another color acan and that's all! Everything is growing so fast that things are getting close to the bump-must-frag range :)

speg

the stock lighting is on it which is 2 24w 50/50 pc bulbs. The cap SEEMS to be doing great at the moment and we'll just have to see what becomes of it. It was a small 15 dollar frag so I should be able to see growth (if there is any) quickly.
Another member on here posted a similiar lighting and had sps in the tank and they were doing quite well.
Time will tell.

mrdc

Sweet looking tank and I see the sexy shrimp! Too bad you don't live closer to me because I could have hooked you up with all the orange monti that you could handle.

speg

Originally Posted by Kevin_Bullis
http:///forum/post/3259585
I'm just asking because I want to do a SPS dominate nano, and I am looking at ideas.
Kevin
A couple guys on here have been having success with T5 lighting in a nano with a bunch of sps. I think it's Nike's nano tank or maybe Spanko's nano... check them both out either way :)
I was told about the viper deluxe fan lamp that seems to be a good light for a nano without a lot of heat.. may look into that if you're worried about lighting... otherwise I'll keep you informed on how mine is doing :)