My 120 Reef Diary

mech-a-nic

I added garlic and upped Vids but LFS said to bring him back If he was not doing well so I did. I QT him for 2 days with no inprovement so back to the store he went. I added my Neon Goby today he is realy quite cool
Neat little fish.

mech-a-nic

Well the Neon is working overtime all over the fish....
He does not wait at a "cleaning Station" He will go out and search for the fish. But he has set up "shop" on the right side of the tank.

mech-a-nic

The Garlic seame to be working great no ich to be seen....Crossing Fingers....
All the fish seam to be happy. I plan to add a Mandron Goby in a few months when pod levels go up.
Any ideas on a colorful reef and invert safe fish. I want 1 more mediem size fish with flare.
I was thinking a yellow tang but I dont think I have enuff room for one more tang.

jas1

Hey Mech! quick Q's for ya... Are the overflows and returns all drilled through the bottom of the tank, and are the returns going up through the overflow boxes? +1 did you put a top on your stand (plywood, etc...)? I like the openess of your stand. It seems like all the store-bought stands are never what I really want. Thanks for any help and advise.

mech-a-nic

here is a link to a DIY Of my build.
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/358714/120-upgrade
Are the overflows and returns all drilled through the bottom of the tank, and are the returns going up through the overflow boxes?
Yes it is bottom drilled inlet and return.
did you put a top on your stand (plywood, etc...)? I like the openess of your stand.
The top of the tank is open with a screen back cover to stop jumpers

If I can help in any way just let me know You can PM Me I will give you my # If it is a longer question.

mech-a-nic

ICK came back a little but its cleared up again
Still adding garlic to there food. Hope im over the worse of it. Been busy on my newest tank

mech-a-nic

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3098273
Are you adding any other vitamins??? Selcon, vita-chem, zoe....are some good ones
I am using Vitality Its made by Seachem

I like this alot. you compensate a need for more space by building a matching stand next to the tank
Thanks I will be adding a Desk space to the right ...... or maby a tall tank

king_neptune

is that an American DJ power strip?
how many amps does it handle?
you like em?
i was going to order one in a couple days after hearing some more positive feedback.

mech-a-nic

Originally Posted by King_Neptune
http:///forum/post/3099225
is that an American DJ power strip?
how many amps does it handle?
you like em?
i was going to order one in a couple days after hearing some more positive feedback.
Ya it is an American DJ strip. It runs all my stuff ic claims 15 Amps
Glad I could help with your stand

mech-a-nic

*****UPDATE*****
Well the ICK looks gone CROSSING FINGERS

I have been using garlic with vitamins and plan to keep doing it

I spent 4 days in the hospital with my wife she had a operation. (Shes ok now but on bedrest)

Mt guys were realy hungry but all alive and doing well when I got home. I just feed them very well 2 days befor we left and over filled the tanks to compensate for evaporation. I realy need to get that auto top-off up and running

salt210

I am using a JBJ unit. been working great since I added it. the only thing is I only had room for a 10g reservoir and it is being used on a 210.

mech-a-nic

Well one of my firefish Decided he could not take it any more.

He jump out into the screen and sat on the 1" ledge till he Drounded or dehydrated what ever came first.

I tell you I did everything I could to save him from himself but at least the body was easy to find.

O well you cant save them all

mech-a-nic

**UPDATE**
My RBTA Split somtime this weekend I notice when I fed it tonight it had 2 Mouths lol. When the frount one close to eat I clearly saw the 2ed one

oceansidefish

Keep an eye on them, in such a new tank anemone's can become stressed out and split from the stress...Did they have bubbled tips when you got them and if they did do they still???

mech-a-nic

he has been string more than bubbly but he has alwase been that way. He was also about the size of a dinner plate open befor he split.