my 150 build

small triggers

so, I have my 150g tank, and have finally after about 4 months started the stand build. Heres what's done so far from this past week. The cutting and assembly of the skeleton of the base. the caulk and kilz (only 2 coats so far) Cut the skin and have laid out a plan for the moulding. All will be painted Beluga black in oil based.

small triggers

back of new tank, build of new refugium, current sump on my 35g and the moulding layout for the new stand. I have a 260w power compact fixture and a 180w. I am going to be using my 9w UV, and will be getting a ASM 3g this weekend(?)

small triggers

needing opinions,,, would anyone else put trim on the sides? we are debating whether or not to match the trim on the front also on the sides.???

lilzeus99

I'm going to have to watch this one....

I like the trim on the sides like the front. I think it will help round out the build, unless both ends will be up against a wall or something.
Are you going to do a canopy and match it to the stand???
Later
shane

small triggers

yes, it will kind of be in the middle of the room and you will be able to see both sides. The canopy will be very similar, having crown moulding at the top and the same rossettes on the sides with the fluted trim.

hefner413

awesome! I'll agree with trim all around.. that will look great! And the crown moulding.. awesome! Will it look something like T316's?

noah's nemo

I'll keep an eye on this as well.What are dims on your 150,i'm getting a 125 soon(72x18x20)so i was just wondering how much diffrence there is?

noah's nemo

So its shorter than a 125,Hmmm.i kinda want the length,but i like the fact its wider,and higher.10 inches higher ,thats alot..Can't wait to see your tank up and running.Good luck

R

rcreations

I think there are different types of 150s. Mine is 72" long. I like longer tanks too.

small triggers

this was a special made reef tank for my LFS' DT. He got a new glass one since its near the window at his new shop, and sold it to me for cheap.

R

rcreations

Same as a 125 except higher. 72x18x28 It's either 28 or 29 height, forgot the exact dimension.

small triggers

okay, so i got the priming and painting done between yesterday and today. Here are the pic's. Hope its dry by the time my friend comes over to help move it, he and my husband have to take it upstairs. I used oil based just incase i ever have alot of water hit it. Ill take some more once we get the doors on and the tank ontop of it tommarrow.plumbing to come monday night.

small triggers

well, its upstairs with the tank in place. Now to just do some plumbing, and then fri and sat to put in sand and my rock (already cycled). then shift my 35 inhabitants to the new 150 :) Ill get some pics tonight with the move all done.