my 29

sh2000

Do NOT get another Clown they will prob fight it's not worth the risk or pain you would be causing to your clown. Your pretty much at your max your gonna need to get a much bigger tank if your planning on adding more animals.

alix2.0

i just said that i am not getting another clown for that exact reason. i know that my tank can support a sixline, and of course it will be that last fish i add to the tank.

perfectdark

I think IMO you can get away with one more fish, and as long as the ocellaris you get is smaller than the one you have their shouldnt be much of a territorial dispute. Although their will be a dominance struggle and the larger should assert its dominance with the smaller submitting with no fighting.
As far as your bio load is concerned you will increase it and watching your water chemistry is going to be important. Adjusting to the added bioload will be something to consider but not out of the question. Although 4 IMO would be the max your tank should have. I have had 4 in my cube with no issues in the past. Good Luck

alix2.0

Originally Posted by alix2.0
i am also thinking about trading the cardinal into my LFS and put the credit toward a sixline.
sorry, i just realized i never mentioned this again, i thought i did. if i get the sixline, this ones going back. sorry for the confusion. i meant to include it in the shopping list post, guess it got deleted accidentally.

perfectdark

sorry, i just realized i never mentioned this again, i thought i did. if i get the sixline, this ones going back. sorry for the confusion. i meant to include it in the shopping list post, guess it got deleted accidentally.
Ahhhhh... it all makes sense now. Well either one, should work out ok for you. Good Luck.

alix2.0

ripped my tank apart yesterday. had to get those freakin decorator crabs out. they ate all but 3 of my new shrooms and all but about 10 zoas. i think they were even starting in on my sun coral (which is looking MUCH better, BTW, lots of new tissue!) but THATS NOT FREAKING GONNA HAPPEN! lol. so now theyre sitting in a bucket with a heater in my kitchen, im going to take them up to my LFS later to see if i can get a trade in. (theyre not allowed to give me one but theres a guy who works there whos pretty cool.) if not im gonna post them for local pickup on here. if anyones interested PM me.
anyways along with ripping the tank apart comes a new aquascape. pics on saturday, when i FINALLY get my camera back!

paintballer768

Congrats on 5 pages! Dont let em touch the sun coral, I dont know about you but I have enough trouble keeping the nassarius snails and hermits from stealing food while feeding my sun. Cant wait for the pics.

alix2.0

yep 5 pages
...although i think that just proves how much i really need to get a life.

well the crabs are gone. (and thats all im saying about that
)
and all $30 worth of zoas got eaten, thanks to them.
so im pissed about that, but im glad i got them out before they got to my sun coral.
whatev ill get some more pics when i get some new pieces, because my tank is kind of depressing me right now...

matt b

http:///forum/post/2452006
yep 5 pages
...although i think that just proves how much i really need to get a life.

well the crabs are gone. (and thats all im saying about that
)
and all $30 worth of zoas got eaten, thanks to them.
so im pissed about that, but im glad i got them out before they got to my sun coral.
whatev ill get some more pics when i get some new pieces, because my tank is kind of depressing me right now...

you need to send me a frag of that sun coral
i cant find one anywhere locally

alix2.0

Originally Posted by MaTT B
http:///forum/post/2452018
you need to send me a frag of that sun coral
i cant find one anywhere locally
dude when its back 100% big & healthy (and im brave enough to frag it!) i will totally hook you up. i couldnt find one either.
hey! that gives me an excuse to go check out reef systems!

matt b

http:///forum/post/2452024
dude when its back 100% big & healthy (and im brave enough to frag it!) i will totally hook you up. i couldnt find one either.
hey! that gives me an excuse to go check out reef systems!

ya ive been to 4 lfs and none of then have one and didnt seem like they planed on getting one

matt b

and you missed out big time!! reefsystems had a 1 year anniversary sale! 20% off everything!!!

paintballer768

Just letting you know, fragging isnt suggested for sun corals. Due to it being like a think, stony coral, you would need like a dremel, and talk about stressing a coral out huh. MaTT B, try online. Just save up your money to meet the minimum requirements, and you should be good.
My LFS dont have em either. The one that I saw when I was shopping around had like 3 heads on it, each really really tiny and the coral was dying. I had a friend with a wholesale liscense buy me mine :)

alix2.0

paintballer, thanks for the info. i knew they didnt respond well to fragging, (and i wasnt sure how to go about it with that skeleton!) and i certainly dont want to stress it out! i asked my dad about the dremel thing, and he says he has all that stuff, and anything else you could imagine (he even looked a little excited to saw through a coral!) but i think for the coral's sake ill hold off.
anyways i finally got my camera back so heres a couple pics!

my plate, its actually a darker (brighter) green and usually more puffy, but this is a decent pic-

and a pic of it and the shrimp that likes to steal its food-

decent shot of my shrooms... all FOUR of them... maybe the crabs were saving them for later?

what my zoanthids started out looking like-

...and what they look like now
-

... if my sun coral closes up later ill get a pic to show the new tissue growth!

no FTS for now because im really unhappy with the rockwork. i need to get my sump/fuge going so i can throw my extra rock in there!

alix2.0

once again those are all really really bad pictures and my tank really isnt that green, my camera doesnt pick up colors very well, a lot of the rocks are purpler, blah blah blah...

it just occurred to me that i also need to change my bulbs
well there goes my plans for a SWF order.

alix2.0

once again those are all really really bad pictures and my tank really isnt that green, my camera doesnt pick up colors very well, a lot of the rocks are purpler, blah blah blah...

it just occurred to me that i also need to change my bulbs
well there goes my plans for a SWF order.