my 29

alix2.0

rescaped a little today.

found some hitchhiker zoanthids on my mushrooms (one of which has 3 mouths now!). theyre brown right now, but they were on the underside of the rock. i twisted it so they would get more light, interested to see if they color up. unfortunately, i also found some aiptasia on that rock.
two of my shrimp are living together an a little hole-in-the-rock apartment on the upper east side.
thats about it. i have $20... i might go pick up a frag of GSP later this week. well maybe not, since everything in my tank is green except the sun & xenia... eh, i dont know yet. idk idk idk

alix2.0

one of my decorator crabs has developed a taste for mushrooms. he wasnt trying to wear it, he was definately eating it.
any more of this and hes going to the LFS. i dont care how cool he is.

alix2.0

just talked to my mom. decorators picked apart & killed my featherduster. she says the shrimp helped, but im thinking it was probably dead or dying by then. when i get home im going to have to figure out a way to separate them (probably stick them in the filter). then theyre takin a ride to the LFS.
dang crabs. theyre eating the shrooms too, and i think possibly the zoas.

alix2.0

well they look great except for the crab thats always standin in them. eh. figures if i didnt get something that didnt already have something wrong with it, something would take it upon itself to fix that for me.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
Can you post a few update shots of your tank?

i will in a week when i get my camera back
i hate that old camera. nothings really changed except i changed the rockwork around & the featherduster's gone.
and i cant find my anemone...

alix2.0

shopping list, for when i get some $$$. let me know what you think :)
1- frozen food
2- replacement bulbs
3- new powerhead so i can move my cheap one to the QT
4- sixline wrasse
5- feather duster

6- 10ish cerith snails
7- serpent star
8- brain coral, not sure what kind, it needs to be OK with my lighting
9- chili coral (i love the color!)
10- GSP (maybe... not sure if i want anymore green...)
11- blue mushrooms
12- something bright yellow... maybe a DSY gorgo?
13- sump/fuge (high priority but ill put it off since its gonna cost so much $
)
no particular order except for the first three. eh well.

bronco300

tank looks great alix...like the aquascaping-especially that little "pool" not sure what to call it on the sand there

alix2.0

Originally Posted by bjoe23
Lookin Good, like that tidepool thing
Nice shopping list, what fish do you currently have?
thanks! i currently have 1 occelaris clown, 1 PJ cardinal, and a shrimpboby. theyre not big messmakers, my trites, trates, and ammonia are at 0, and ive got a crazy big cleanup crew, so im thinking it wont be a problem. i was actually thinking about getting another occelaris clown, but i dont want to risk them fighting, and i think 2 new fish would be too much. id rather have the sixline.

matt b

Originally Posted by alix2.0
thanks! i currently have 1 occelaris clown, 1 PJ cardinal, and a shrimpboby. theyre not big messmakers, my trites, trates, and ammonia are at 0, and ive got a crazy big cleanup crew, so im thinking one more fish wont be a problem. i was actually thinking about getting another occelaris clown, but i dont want to risk them fighting, and i think 2 new fish would be too much. id rather have the sixline.
ya u should try a sixline i had one in my 29BC and he was really cool but one day he just went missing and i havent seen him since

perfectdark

They are not easy to find but IMO one they have the best personalities. How about a Midas Blenny? I had one she was awesome, they typically like to swim through the water column so they are seen more than other blenny's that hide out in your LR.