my 29

Your corals and tank looks really great, I just started SWF, I have a 10g....my buddy told me about this website...I cant get enough, I plan to upgrade to a 38 once I get a bit better with everything, my 10g looks awesome for being a 10g...but its not enough room, I want more!@ anyway keep up the awesome work

alix2.0

thanks chronic! yeah i gaurantee youll get the 38 and in three months youll be itchin for that 75! lol i know i am!
well i aquascaped yeasterday and got some really schiesty pics, so ill try to get some better ones tomorrow to post. :D but i really like the way it looks its really open, it might actually stay this way! i would post them now but i just got home from seeing JUNO (which was awesome!!!) with my buddies & im really tired so i doubt i can actually function a camera.
edit// actually pics will probably come on sunday since tomorrows winter formal.

matt b

Originally Posted by alix2.0
http:///forum/post/2463313
thanks chronic! yeah i gaurantee youll get the 38 and in three months youll be itchin for that 75! lol i know i am!
well i aquascaped yeasterday and got some really schiesty pics, so ill try to get some better ones tomorrow to post. :D but i really like the way it looks its really open, it might actually stay this way! i would post them now but i just got home from seeing JUNO (which was awesome!!!) with my buddies & im really tired so i doubt i can actually function a camera.
edit// actually pics will probably come on sunday since tomorrows winter formal.

OMG i no i saw it the day it came out!! its so good.

alix2.0

i superglued the mushroom to some rubble today, and stuck it back under the mesh in case it slimes out. found some mystery polyps today, ill see if i can get a pic, but theyre TINY. theyre pink, and kinda look likt the indivitual little xenia arms, but i know they arent xenia... plus theyre growing in a mat.

alix2.0

yep it slimed out.
i hate mushrooms! lol. today has been rather eventful, along with the new mystery polyps ive also spotted a little yellow crab that has somehow managed to evade me throughout my constant rebuilding of the tank.
i hope its not a bad one. because i cant find it anymore.

alix2.0

found a monster hermit crab. much bigger & different coloration than the rest. also has a much larger claw. looks like one of those ones that people keep in terrariums.

paintballer768

True that haha. All hermits arent reefsafe if they get too big. All are opportunistic too, along with those @$^%&* nassarius snails. I would have bought something else to disrupt my sandbed if I knew these things were this annoying.
Your tank has so much drama
. Keep us updated!! Pictars por favor?

alix2.0

its still in the tank.
on a side note, im not gonna be on swf very much for the next few months seeing as ive gotten myself into some MAJOR trouble (speculate away) and theyve got me under complete lockdown.
so ill post when i can but ya probably arent gonna be seeing much of me any time soon. pics when i can get back on, if i even still have my tank. i might be moving so if i do ill have to tear it down.
alix

alix2.0

not really.
snow day today, so its tank maintenence day. i need to top off and do a water change (which will have to wait since i forgot to make water
), scrape the glass on the sides of the tank & replace all my PHs' suction cups cuz theyre falling all over the tank, turn the sand because im gettin a slight diatom problem, feed the sun coral, locate the queen conch, & test the parameters.
ugh. lol
my cameras goin back to china on friday, so ill try to get some decent pics before that.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by alix2.0
http:///forum/post/2460255
fragged up my new shrooms today. i dont have the best of luck with this so ill post if it works or not.
STILL HASN'T ATTACHED.
dang!!! lol its found a crevice it a rock that its been chillin in... but i gave it a little blow with a turkey baster today and it came out.

i have no idea what my problem with shrooms is. the ones that i left attached to the rock are growing back nicely though.

staci

glad to hear your tank is going so well, sorry to hear about the trouble your in though. Stinks to be a kid, and sometimes just as hard to be the parent..
( I know cuz I have one your age
) wonderful news on the sun coral front though. I absolutely love those and will have to get some soon!

alix2.0

went to ***** today (YES, I KNOW
) just to check it out. really nice, all the coral tanks have MHs and look well maintained, the displays were large and all the fish looked well cared for. i ended up buying a pink tip haitian anemone for $5 (who wouldnt?) and the manager ended up giving me a small frag of what i think is a finger leather and a really cute zoanthid polyp for free.

theyre in QT as we speak (type)
check out my new tank that im gettin, (in progress) >>> https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/312218/new-tank-need-your-help

PS, staci, nice to see ya!