my 29

paintballer768

Gosh, the perks of being a girl haha. Thats cool, one of the few petcos that does a good job.
And dayyyyyum, a 75 gallon?! Youre movin on up.

perfectdark

Nice !!! Good deal on getting the 75 looking forward to pics. I dont frequent ***** too often. But, I have gotten some sweet deals from their lack of coral knowledge... LOL. And I rescued 2 fish from their tanks 2 weeks ago, a pygmy angel and a strawberry pseudochromis, they were both getting beat on by a puffer many times their size. Sometimes its not all a bad thing.

alix2.0

yeah, the manager is really indecisive, so id just be like
how much is that, it isnt marked?
and hed be like uh... well... i dont really...
FREE??? OK! ill take it! thanks a bunch!
he said hed give us a bunch of discounts on my 75 & stand. were pretty sure hes been manager of the fish department for about 3 days.
IM SOOO EXCITED!!! ill probably have the 75 all set up by the end of summer break (hopefully) but i want to get all the equipment i need before i even fill it up. were going to make a sump & fuge, and im going to get a bunch of base rock & dead sand and seed it with what i already have.

alix2.0

im excited.
yeah this ***** is decent but unfortunately the prices are pretty much the same as LFS prices. they did have some really nice mushroom rocks for like $32 (10+ large polyps), but the fish & inverts were pretty expensive. there was a juvie flame angel that i think they were selling for like $80, and their b&w clowns were $40 each.
honestly id prefer to just buy from my LFS, rather than support corporate *****, even if it is a decent store.

alix2.0

few pics.
my new nem in QT

new bubble coral, got it from newsalt16, already open & lookin great! decided against QT because the nem is in there, and i am more concerned about it carrying ich (being from *****, not someones tank) than this.

clownfish11

what did you do, and did it blow over and ur staying or r u tearing it down? if you tear it down ill buy some stuff from u possibly...but i hope you dont have to do that

alix2.0

well, im pretty much always in trouble of some sort, sometimes its just worse than others. right now things are pretty good.
i actually found out just a few days ago that im actually getting a 75 gallon tank and stand for my birthday! (12 days and counting
) its going to be a project though. all i am getting is the tank (perfecto or AGA, havent decided yet,) and the stand. the rest is up to me.
i am counting on about $300 from friends and relatives, and with that i am going to buy the lighting. right now i am looking at Nova extreme t5s. my dad is going to help me convert an old 20 long into a sump / fuge, and i will have to upgrade my skimmer to an in sump. there is a lot of other equipment im looking at too, but im not really sure what all ill actually be getting, though.
believe me, ive got like 800 lists sitting in front of me. prices, brands, # estimations of dead sand and base rock, you name it.

alix2.0

new stuff-
pink tip haitian anemone
bubble coral
frag of zoanthids
finger leather frag
copperband butterfly
pics on the 9th i promise.

matt b

Originally Posted by alix2.0
http:///forum/post/2539443
new stuff-

pink tip haitian anemone
bubble coral
frag of zoanthids
finger leather frag
copperband butterfly
pics on the 9th i promise.
Did you put the copperband in the 29??

alix2.0

not yet, hes in QT.
it was kind of a surprise thing (getting him), but luckily he's small and i dont think it will stress him to be in there for a few months while i get the 75 set up.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by MaTT B
http:///forum/post/2560233
Update on the 75 or the 29? Hows the copperband? You still going to the swap this weekend?
rescaped the 29 yesterday, still battling a bit of a cyano outbreak, but the tank looks pretty good.
75's still at the LFS, my dad comes home next week, so well be able to bring it home after that. got my sump drawn out, excited to get working on it, but again i need him for that.
the copperband is a piggy! he eats everything! definately my favorite fish. he thinks he owns the tank.
yep, goin to the swap & very excited! your going too right? i was checking out fragswapper & it looks like theres gonna be some awesome stuff there! theres this like neon blue brain that i really want, but its like $50! i wish i had $...
BTW, my friend monica has dubbed it the "14th annual all ohio fag swap". genious

matt b

http:///forum/post/2560824
rescaped the 29 yesterday, still battling a bit of a cyano outbreak, but the tank looks pretty good.
75's still at the LFS, my dad comes home next week, so well be able to bring it home after that. got my sump drawn out, excited to get working on it, but again i need him for that.
the copperband is a piggy! he eats everything! definately my favorite fish. he thinks he owns the tank.
yep, goin to the swap & very excited! your going too right? i was checking out fragswapper & it looks like theres gonna be some awesome stuff there! theres this like neon blue brain that i really want, but its like $50! i wish i had $...
BTW, my friend monica has dubbed it the "14th annual all ohio fag swap". genious

I might go. I dont have that much money left and its about 2+ hr drive. Got any updated pix? I just got a copperband the other day. I got pix in my thread

alix2.0

oh, i forgot. when i rescaped yesterday, i found my leather frag that got lost. the one that i got for free at *****. it attached to a piece of LR at the bottom back of the tank and doubled in size. pretty sweet surprise.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by MaTT B
http:///forum/post/2560860
I might go. I dont have that much money left and its about 2+ hr drive. Got any updated pix? I just got a copperband the other day. I got pix in my thread
sweet! ill check it out. is it eating? i hope it does well for you, theyre very cool & lots of personality. no, no pics yet, i still dont have the camera.

matt b

http:///forum/post/2560870
sweet! ill check it out. is it eating? i hope it does well for you, theyre very cool & lots of personality. no, no pics yet, i still dont have the camera.

He loves picking at my rocks, He is eating a lil mysis he is just a little scared even tho hes the biggest one in there
BUT hes eating food so thats all I care about

matt b

http:///forum/post/2560868
oh, i forgot. when i rescaped yesterday, i found my leather frag that got lost. the one that i got for free at *****. it attached to a piece of LR at the bottom back of the tank and doubled in size. pretty sweet surprise.
Ahahah I found a small acro I lost the other day