My 40gal Fragg Tank

nwdyr

Had 2 people say it looks like a polyclad flatworm? I googled it bbut after lookin at like 300 diff pic's it didnt look anyhting like it , and it still gave very little info on if it was reef safe
Well like Blazin said it dont seem to be hurtin anything so I guess its ok , if I knew it was bad i would bust up the rock and get it out , but like I said I really dont want to mess up that rock. It is really a cool lookin rock

nwdyr

A couple pic's of my "puppy"

I have been playing around with some old "dead" coral. I have some HUGE really nice pieces that I have had for years. I was going to sell them , but the price the LFS wanted to give me was a insult and I have had them listed a few diff. places for months with no luck. So I started to cut smaller pieces off and kinda bury them in the tank to see if i can "seed" them on make them LR again. I also started to take small frags and glue them to the "dead" rock in hope that some day they will grow and cover the old rock. I am going to do this with one really large old piece I have , just glue all kinds of zoa's and diff. stuff to it , then leave it in the back of the tank for like 1 year and see what it looks like after it is covered in new growth. Yea I know I need to get a life

blazin2k6

if you have coralline algae growing and popping up pretty good in your tank than it shouldnt take about a month or two for those white dead corals to be covered with coralline , i imagine. alot of my rocks in my nano cube didnt have coralline on them and now they are covered with it. i am sure it will look great in no time :) time flys by fast these days seems like.

nwdyr

Ok Guy's , I promised pic's so here they are...I don't know what I am doing wrong
I tried to mess with the white balance blah,blah,blah but the pic's still look "washed out"
A couple pic's are from the top down , those are a little blurry but that's because i left one power head on. All of your pic's are soo much better then mine i feel embarrassed to post these , but I said I would so here they are

These bbutton polyps are HUGE and really nice green color , they are not open yet but I was tired of waiting!!!

rebelprettyboy

tank has a lot of coral in it man. good job. u need to lcear it out lol!!!
I just got some zoas like that over da weekend. Beleive a name for them is Implosion Button Polyps.,.. Sometihng like that lol I know u dont care about the names, but I do!!!!

nwdyr

thank's Bro!!! eya I need to do some fraggin real soon , hope to have some stuff posted for sale by Monday. I gotta go downtown tomorrow real early so that will kill most of the day. But Sat. and Sun. will be frag-mania

blazin2k6

AWESOME PICS. i got some of those button polyps and yeah they are called Green Implosion i believe as well. Great selection of everything :) Take care bro

nwdyr

Been really busy with some family stuff , no fraggin until tomorrow
will update wit pics as soon as I am done . Thank's for the exact ID on those Blazin
I am defiantly going to frag some of those Tom. and prob my leather also.

blazin2k6

Those button polyps are huge right ? i have the exact same ones i am thinking and the big ones on my frag , the bases are the size of my thumb in diameter. they are huge. well i got the soapdish up and i am about to put my acan in the tank now :) check ya tomorrow hopefully you will have new pics

J

jrthomas40

what kind of substrate are you using??...i have been getting some green water blooms so i went got an HOB filter and am thinking of putting some sand on the bottom of the tank instead of bare bottom in an attempt to increase surface area for biofiltration

nwdyr

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
http:///forum/post/2694684
what kind of substrate are you using??...i have been getting some green water blooms so i went got an HOB filter and am thinking of putting some sand on the bottom of the tank instead of bare bottom in an attempt to increase surface area for biofiltration
I use LS in my frag tank and CC in the 24gal nano tank, If I ahd it to do over I would not use the LS it is too messy. everytime I got in ther to move something it is like a little sand storm. Then i ahve to go and shake all the sand off the shroom's and blah,blah,blah yep I would go with crushed coral!(CC)

nwdyr

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2694879
Frogspawn looks awesome, I love the way that it appears to glow! Really cool

Thank's Bro
I actually have that one for sale it is a really nice piece and it is growing fast!