My 40gal Fragg Tank

nwdyr

Thank's rebel

Acro : No not yet , I had to dose fro my Ca once but it stays steady at 400-420 , I do weekly water changes. Seems to be working so far

iyac: thanks bro

nwdyr

hey how do you like the pic's Mark.....well they are really nice Mark...thanks for stopin by Mark....No prob Mark always a pleasure to see your pic's...gotta go now and see Blazins' new pic's

blazin2k6

LOL. I'll have some new pics up in about an hour :) My tank isnt running yet. well the lights i mean. I dont turn em on til about 10 30 then cut em off at 8. what is your light schedule like ? wonderful looking new pics though. that trumpet coral looks hugeeee

nwdyr

thank's bro!
i usually turm them on about 11am and off between 9-10pm . I am trying to get it down to about 8hrs a day then I will put them on timmers. I will check your pic's later.

blazin2k6

Y ONLY 8 HOURS ? I mean do the fish and corals only get 8 hours of SUNLIGHT ? i dont understand this logic people say oh you need to only have em on for 7-8 hours. WTF. i have always read to have lights on about 12 hours a day. I mean the sun comes out in most oceans in the morning at 6 or 7 am and then goes down at like 7 or 8. thats like 12 hours at least sunlight. I mean unless you are having an algae or temperature issues i guess. But hey ima keep mine going like it is :) i try to mimic natural conditions. hehee.and OVERFEED also. I overlight i guess and OVERFEED. hehehe.sorry to talk alot on your thread. my bad bro

nwdyr

Originally Posted by Blazin2k6
http:///forum/post/2702690
Y ONLY 8 HOURS ? I mean do the fish and corals only get 8 hours of SUNLIGHT ? i dont understand this logic people say oh you need to only have em on for 7-8 hours. WTF. i have always read to have lights on about 12 hours a day. I mean the sun comes out in most oceans in the morning at 6 or 7 am and then goes down at like 7 or 8. thats like 12 hours at least sunlight. I mean unless you are having an algae or temperature issues i guess. But hey ima keep mine going like it is :) i try to mimic natural conditions. hehee.and OVERFEED also. I overlight i guess and OVERFEED. hehehe.sorry to talk alot on your thread. my bad bro
No prob. I guess the idea is that the "natural" sun light is not as intense as our light is , that is to say that throughout the course of a average day the sun comes and goes , clouds etc,,,, and in the AM it is not as powerful and also near sunset it is less intense. So actually the "full sun' is only actually a few hours per day. If we keep our lights on for 12hours , that is 12 hours of full sun and they don't get that in the wild.
Just a thought , diff strokes for diff. folks. Your tank looks great so I wouldn't worry too much about what others are doing ,just keep doing what works for you

nwdyr

Originally Posted by iyachtuxivm
http:///forum/post/2703344
That right dont let the man get you down!
sorry
Hey I am the ONLY "white guy " here ??? oop's did I just blow my cover
well technically I am not "white" I am Italian

blazin2k6

CEASAR......LONG LIVE. HAHA. What up ? well just stopping by before i go to sleep. gonna watch a movie i think and maybe cook some shrimp. i wonder if anyone has ever tried eating a cleaner shrimp or peppermint or fireshrimp before. LOL. Sorry im going on about crazy stuff on your thread lately. pz bro. everyone bleeds same color.

iyachtuxivm

Yes Ive tried a peppermint shrimp and fire shrimp. Contrary to popular belief peppermint shrimp dont taste like peppermint(I cant figure out why they call them that
), But a nice little suprize the fire shrimp taste like chicken!

blazin2k6

Wheres the clove polyps you got ? HEHEHE. Thought you said you buying some today ? well hope they look awesome :)

nwdyr

I was fraggin today , going to the LFS tomorrow so I will have some new pic's up later in the afternoon