My 40gal Fragg Tank

blazin2k6

NICE NEW PICS. Love those frilly mushrooms. They are excellent looking. Also the tang looks very healthy and happy like its even smiling.HEHE. Just feed it algae strips and i am sure it will be very happy fish :) Much better than having to avoid sharks in the ocean and other large predators.HEHEHE. Well anyways. Great looking shots and glad to see you found a soapdish. I am debating if i want to place the other in my tank. It seems to get algae on it in 3-4 days . i have to clean it every 3 or 4 days.

nwdyr

Originally Posted by ChronicCoral35
http:///forum/post/2714104
Okay, I'll pick up some Super Glue Gel. Now say you have a frag of zoos and/or polyps, Do you put glue on the bottom outside the water then place it in the tank where you want it or? I live in city / Northeast :) you?
well it should be dry for the glue to stick ,I never tired sticking it IN the water before but it might work
I would take the zoa / polyp out dry it the best you can put the glue on and stick it in the tank where you want it! Like i said i have always had both pieces out of the tank on patted dry. I used to live in German town by the university ,On Wissihicon (sp) I was real close to some bad areas but right where I lived was great!

nwdyr

new tank coming tomorrow
only prob is my UPS man is large and lazy and I know he wont bring it up my back stairs on my deck..so me with my bad knee ( and its getting worse!..Ins Co.
) well any way not sure how I am going to get it upstairs
I think i will start cutting the egg crate now
that will keep my mind off how much my knee hurts today! Blazin i have decided to make the 29 the frag tank , it will just be easier with the LS already in the other tank and all. I don't want LS in the frag tank this time

peef

Jeez why don't you fill up your frag tank with some coral or something...........
Bah haha. Freaken stocked up in there. Reminds me of the coral version of stocking up for a nuc war. I loooove that ric rock.

nwdyr

Thanks guys

Yea that ric rock is bad azzzz! got the ric's from none other then our own floridaric! some are growing so big that they are covering up the others ,anyone know how to stop that??? I really dont want to star cutting them up but the blue ones are growing over the orange one...And I really like the orange , but i am seeing less and less of them!
any thoughts???

nwdyr

I think its time to wake up this sleeping thread! how about some pic's?

so what do ya think Blazin? I am trying to improve my photo skills...who knows maybe some day I will be as good as YOU!

nwdyr

well......I even post new pic's and still no action
NO Blazin...no Rebel.....no iyac..........help I am all alone

kevin34

how do you keep this tank so clean?
And have so much coraline on the back glass. Mine only grows on the rocks and I have a lot of hair algae
. What do you have for a clean up crew in there? and whats the lighting?

nwdyr

Hey you'r BACK!!! thats guys

Kevin : thank's , the Coraline
I do allot of water changes like 10-20% per week and my Calcium is 400. Dont know if that is the reason
My clean up crew is approx ( I lost count ) 40+ Nassarius snails (ok I cant say or spell that name
) and prob. 30+ blue leg crabs , 5 large Mexican turbo's and maybe 6-8 mis. hitchhiker snail's

blazin2k6

Whoa new pics, Look nice but still need more Practice.LOL. Jus kidding. I am not pro but wow back up a bit on those zoomed in shots. LOL. But hey its all good. Glad to see you posting some new pics :) looking good. Love the last one with the tomato clown and leather. I took some nice new pics today but my battery died before i could upload :(

nwdyr

OK , I need everyones thoughts on chemi-pure elite and Purigen. Do you use them? what do you pay and how long does it last?

rebelprettyboy

I use both in my 3rd chamber of my 14 gal.
I cant remember what it cost. Not to much though. Order both of them online from the 2 doctors. And ive had mine since I set the tank up. And I got one of each left.
I cant remember when they tell u change em. I just do it whenever I feel like it

nwdyr

thank's thats where I am going to get mine too. My LFS wants like 20.00 yea right the same one at the Doc's is like 7.00