My First SW Tank 24 Gal Aquapod

blazin2k6

Hey alexa and Nissan. Im doing and feeling alot better :) My shoulders still hurt alot but other than that i am doing well. And sometimes when i breathe it hurts. Dunno if i cracked a rib from the seatbelt or what but i am sure some rest will heal that :) I dont think a doctor can really cure a cracked rib or whatver. But yeah i think its ridiculous too if that is correct. It charged me shipping for each item i won :( I think maybe they just need to work it out right and it shouldnt be no more than 38 dollars shippin :) But BOY I AM EXCITED IF I GET EM ALL AND they look like the pictures HEHEHE

A

alexa11

Nice i can't wait to see! congrats! and yes, I'm guessing after the horror you went through you have a cracked rib or two. You have got to just take it easy and not lift anything (seriously......like this includes children for a little while i believe. just be careful) I hope you are eating your avocados and salmon lol!

blazin2k6

WOOOO HOOOO. THA GUY ALREADY emailed back and updated my shipping charges :
Maan am i excited only 134 bucks total ... i got me 5 new acans i never have seen before and a freaking awesome neon green favia i never seen. That is probably gonna be super small i bet but oh well as long as i am happy with my acans :)

nissan577

congrats man im so happy for you
i cant wait for pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is gonna be exciting!!!!!!!!!!!! its not even for me but im sooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blazin2k6

No but i know you will want to be on the waiting list for the frag packs when i get em ready. When i get these in. I'ma have 10 different acan lords. And in about 2 or 3 months i'm gonna try and frag em and get about 3 or 4 different packs with 1 or 2 heads of each one i have :) So that would be like 10 different acans you can get and i'ma probably charge about 100 or 120 :) does that sound like a good deal or not ? LOL. If not let me know honestly. This one acan lord i have is growing outrageously but a few others havent grown any new heads that i can see but they have gotten alot LARGER AND FATTER. And thanks for responding back alot :)

nissan577

lol. well i really dont know how much acans go for but i do love them alot. and no problem. anything for a fellow friend. and forsure i would love to be on the waiting list. i hope im right under rebel. cause i know he would like a few of them. im sorry i cant help you with the price maybe rebel will.
but i cant wait man.

nwdyr

way to go Blazin!!!! you need some acan's in that tank
congrats for real! i have a chance to buy a HUGE acan colony 60 heads for only 200 shipped!!! they are red with white stripes. Very cool but I am soooo ahort on cash right now its crazy
Had to hire a lawyer for this workcomp thing and I got another surgery commin up.....blah blah blah soryy to cry on your thread bro
........Lookin forward to the pic's of your new can's

mz3bmx

Hey Blazin2k6 do you still have the 64W Compact Fluorescent System or did you upgrade to the 150W HQI Metal Halide System? I have the 150W HQI Metal Halide System and I'm in the process of getting everything setup so I want to know:
1) When to turn on the white lunar lights and nocturnal blue lunar lights?
2) Do I leave the 14K lamp on 24/7 when I'm cycling and when I start putting fish in my tank?
3) Do I have to turn off the 14K lamp when using either the white lunar or nocturnal blue lights?
4) Hours of operation for each type of light.
None of this info is in the owners manual so help from anybody would be greatly appreciated

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by mz3bmx
http:///forum/post/2788504
Hey Blazin2k6 do you still have the 64W Compact Fluorescent System or did you upgrade to the 150W HQI Metal Halide System? I have the 150W HQI Metal Halide System and I'm in the process of getting everything setup so I want to know:
1) When to turn on the white lunar lights and nocturnal blue lunar lights?
2) Do I leave the 14K lamp on 24/7 when I'm cycling and when I start putting fish in my tank?
3) Do I have to turn off the 14K lamp when using either the white lunar or nocturnal blue lights?
4) Hours of operation for each type of light.
None of this info is in the owners manual so help from anybody would be greatly appreciated

I would start out at 12on/12off for your HQI even during cycling.
When the HQI is not on, use th blue lunar lights. If you need to reduce lighting to reduce algae growth then you may eventually go to a 10on/14 off or something like that meaning 10on for the HQI and 14on for the lunar blue, but neither is on at the same time.
I'm not familiar with the use or need for white lunar lights though...

mz3bmx

Thanks alot Rotarymagic that really helped my lighting conundrum lol
If anyone has any experience with the white lunar lights please let me know.

blazin2k6

I still have the stock 64 watts :) I am happy and content with that and it seems like acans and alot of lps's dont really even like a whole lot of light. I know i see people in here all day saying that they need heavy lightining but maan mine dont need it all seem like and they do just perfect :) Maybe it would help em grow some i dunno but still i am doing well with mine. Havent had any bleaching out or dying on me thank goodness.
tHANKS for the comments nwdyr,and nissan and rebel and mz3bmx and rotary. I appreciate it alot. And ok i will make the price 150 plus shipping.LOL. HAAHHAHA. I think 120 would be a cool deal though maybe. I guess we will se when i get to fragging these bad boys and what type of hastle it is and all. But anyways thank you all for checkin my thread :) Should have em next wednesday.