My FOWLR 55 gallon tank diary, first saltwater tank.

travelerjp98

sounds good!
I think your tank is cycled, maybe you just missed the spikes? what did you use to cycle? It just seems like it's taking too long.

mb2415

Is that en emperor filter? if it is, how is it working? I am possibly thinking of getting one of those or a fluval 400

socks002

I just did the tests, ammonia and nitrite, both are zero, even after the shrimp was in there rotting for days........so ITS CYCLED, ITS OFFICIAL!
cycle done at 6 weeks. now time to order the cuc.

socks002

OH and i will not get the cuc for 3 weeks cus of shipping and QTing so plenty of time for bacteria colonie to grow

socks002

Just bought a 4 bulb t5 light with led moonlights for 119$ on ebay. 216 watts!!!! this was a steal!!!!!! (i hope)

meowzer

What brand? and what type of bulbs? A 4 bulb will let you keep a little more then fluorescents....BUT not just anything

socks002

It just said 48'' T5 aquarium reef tank light or something like that. Just read some reviews on the light on another sight and they where not good, said the light works and looks good and stuff but runs to hot, quits working, comes broken ecs......oh well. it was only 100 bucks, il play with it when it gets hear and then when tax season comes il just get a nice quality fixture.
On another note i also ordered a hydor korolia 550.(a good size curc pump for my tank i think, gonna get a 2nd one soon)
The CUC has been ordered...yay.

socks002

although maby all i need to do is just add a better ballast and a cooling fan and better bulbs and this new light would be alright...... maby

socks002

well i get the light on thursday, according to UPS tracking.
I just found out i could have had a nova extreme ho t5 48'' on sale for the same price i payd for this probly going to be junk thats coming in the mail. Good timing!!!!

socks002

The sick clown fish died..... Its been sick for awile......
i had to pull the rocks out just to find its body. Now the other clown fish is starting to look stressed.