my girlfreind dropped a bottle of windex in my tank

anjiro

Once, a long time ago, my brother in law gave me a jade filefish that I kept by itself in a 20 gal, there were not lfs where I grew up, we made the salt water from rock salt purchased at any grocery store, you can use that, or natural sea salt, you will have to be careful and mix slowly, keeping an eye on the salinity, but it can be done

alexknight

oh $*%&, I am truly sorry. That hurts me even reading it.

I don't know what I would do if something like that happened

camfish

Originally Posted by usirchchris
http:///forum/post/2910118
Bummer...mine doesn't have saltwater fish or anything...and really has nothing else for saltwater...just the salt. Are you sure?
Mine has saltwater fish food (crappy flakes), but that's it...besides buckets, and basters, and other "necessities" It does however have freshwater salt.

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by camfish
http:///forum/post/2910222
Mine has saltwater fish food (crappy flakes), but that's it...besides buckets, and basters, and other "necessities" It does however have freshwater salt.
Maybe I am thinking of Meijer...one of the two had Red Sea Salt.

jrlandsman

Lots of hard work down the drain sorry to hear that, everyone makes mistakes its much easier to deal with when you are the one who made the mistake for sure

U

usirchchris

Yeah mistakes happen, but I definitely would not leave the girl...you just got at least a few weeks of leverage
. Enjoy while you can...prolly the best 1400 you have spent all year.

chris17

WOW...... If my gf did that.... I don't even know what I would do... Really sorry to hear that happened. I would def have $1400 worth of new stuff, and she would be out at least $1400 if not more.... she would def never hear the end of that. That's how she is with me....

-tara33-

wow that is so sad, sorry for your losses, but it was an accident its not like she just deliberatly threw it in there and she did try to fix it, just whenever you do something wrong, remind her of this day!

kingzfan

Dang...that sucks...This is why I NEVER let my GF even near the tank. Even if she get's too close to look at anything...I have her get back. Sorry to hear about this.

joebob7

haha well which is worth more? $1400 worth of stuff, or many many years of argument leverage because of this day?

videoguy

That's horrible. Sorry for your loss. This might also be a good time to end your relationship if your looking for an out. J/K :)

cydab

terribly sorry to hear about your loss i say work it through with your gf in an exchange for an upgrade

saltymarine

Really unfortunate those little critters got taken out in the accident. I would use the leverage as mentioned. But don't get mad at here she did all she knew to try and save them from what you are saying. I know it sucks and I would be extremely ticked off but not worth losing someone who probably loves you over.

aquaknight

Just another reason for canopies

Sucks to hear. Stopping and taking a step or two back, I'm really wondering why she did everything though. I mean Windex bottles are spray-mist bottles. If she dropped the bottle in there, the only windex to actually get into the tank, at best, would have been just some residue on the bottle itself, since the spray pump isn't open, most of the windex couldn't have gotten much, if anything into the tank.

btwk12

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2912113
Just another reason for canopies

Sucks to hear. Stopping and taking a step or two back, I'm really wondering why she did everything though. I mean Windex bottles are spray-mist bottles. If she dropped the bottle in there, the only windex to actually get into the tank, at best, would have been just some residue on the bottle itself, since the spray pump isn't open, most of the windex couldn't have gotten much, if anything into the tank.
thats exactly what i said i told her to never spray any chemicals even half way close to my tank and she knew that. i wont even let anyone spray air freshener in my house. but she was mad at me that day so im still not for sure if she did it on purpose. but were not together any more so ill never find out i guess.im starting all over i got all my live rock soaking in fresh salt water now letting everything die off. and then im gonna go from there.