my house build thread

chilwil84

as said in the subjuct this is my house build thread. there is a little time passage in some of the pics due to nimby but i am finally moving along so i figured i would start a thread. hope you enjoy the pics. i should be framing in the next couple days, the walls have been poured since the pics.

chilwil84

kinda scary the hobbies influence because part of my reason for wanting the basement is for larger tanks. tank builds should be coming in december (the stand and base for a 180 sps for in the living room has already been built) and a 265 and plywood tank will be in the basement.

dirtee147

Looks like a real cool location also now would be a great time to just poor a room to make a scuba reef tank

chilwil84

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/2718815
Poured concrete walls it appears? Good way to go

for 2 grand more than the block and a quarter of the time cant beat it and the fact that they are a lot less prone to being damp and moldy makes them more than worth it. and the guy had 9' forms so the lowest any finished area will be is 8 foot.
it was backfilled today and i started putting down plates and set the beam should have some new pics tonight.

t316

Did they waterproof the outside of those walls before backfilling? I don't see any overspray if they did. Usually it's a black tar substance.

chilwil84

yup it was rolled with tar(goes on thicker) its a 5-6 inches below the current dirt line that will settle lower with a few rains and people walking on it. it had to be inspected for waterproofing and drainage at the footing before it could be backfilled

t316

Originally Posted by chilwil84
http:///forum/post/2720101
yup it was rolled with tar(goes on thicker) its a 5-6 inches below the current dirt line that will settle lower with a few rains and people walking on it. it had to be inspected for waterproofing and drainage at the footing before it could be backfilled
...duh, my bad. I forgot that's part of the inspection. I just didn't see any. And you will love the taller headroom. Looks sweet and brings back memories. I agree with you on the poured vs. block. I had that same argument with a few people who thought I was crazy. But once you look into it, it's a no brainer...

chilwil84

couple pics from today. had one of the guys i worked with helping me today. gonna suck after monday having to go back to only working on my house on the weekends and building other peoples places, but i guess i gotta pay the bills somehow.

nwdyr

Love the pic's
Normally i don't like to many non fish threads....but this one is very cool!!!

wangotango

Looks nice, I like how you kept as many trees as you could. Around here they clear everything out.
You don't have any elevations to share do you?
-Justin