My jellyfish tank diary.

coral keeper

It stinks to the bottom because of the shrimp. The shrimp is heavy, so it sinks. But normally when it didn't have the shrimp it would float much more.

coral keeper

I found the ghost shrimp laying on the floor. I looked closer to see if it ate anything on the ghost shrimp and sure enough there were features on the shrimp missing. So, it ate a bit of it and spit the rest out. The only thing that it fully ate without spitting out was the piece of shrimp that I got from the grocery store.

scubachris

Got another question. I read earlier in the thread that a chiller is needed to keep the water colder than normal to keep the jellies, but why is that so. I live in FL and have seen jellies off the coast during the summer when the water temp is in the high 70's to mid 80's. Is that just due to different varieties of jellies or what? Very interested in this as mabey my next project. Simply Awsome!

coral keeper

I got a ton of free stuff from a local reefer. Here is a picture of one of the skimmers he gave me. Its a Red Sea Prizm Skimmer. Here is a picture of it and the jellyfish. I gave the jellyfish a small piece of shrimp in the morning. The only thing it seems to like and eat is grocery store bought shrimp.

Skimmer

coral keeper

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
http:///forum/post/2993425
where did you get all the supplies for a jelly tank? can you post pics of the entire tank set-up?
I already had the 10 gallon tank, acrylic scraps, chiller, light, pump, tubing, styrofoam, salt, and ro/di water. The only thing i bought was silicon. A local gave me the red sea skimmer for free.
Sure, I'll post some in a bit.