My jellyfish tank diary.

coral keeper

I got my jellyfish book!!
Woohooo! The jellyfish book is called: How to Keep Jellyfish in Aquariums, An introductory guide for maintaining healthy jellies by Chad L. Widmer

coral keeper

Originally Posted by coralreefer
http:///forum/post/2997819
has it gotten bigger? the tentacles look longer
Nope It hasn't grow because its full size. The jellyfish can retract and stretch its tentacles as much as it wants. So it varies from time to time.

this has to be the coolest thing i've ever seen, i have always wanted to get into something like this and always thought about it, but you actually did it, this is truely amazing! keep up the good work i hope you have great success with it!

hyen

Hi Bro,
I am about to start my jellyfish project and so happen goggling around and saw this thread. I have million of questions about your jellies. I am so curious on why you set 62degF? Is it your type of jellies require this low?
I am already done a sketch for my future jellies tank. Please comment:

coral keeper

Originally Posted by hyen
http:///forum/post/2999408
Hi Bro,
I am about to start my jellyfish project and so happen goggling around and saw this thread. I have million of questions about your jellies. I am so curious on why you set 62degF? Is it your type of jellies require this low?
I am already done a sketch for my future jellies tank. Please comment:

I set my tank to 62F because the jellyfish that I have requires a temperature of 62F. Yeah. Very nice sketch!! It will work very well.

coral keeper

I finished the book called: "How to Keep Jellyfish in Aquariums, An introductory guide for maintaining healthy jellies by Chad L. Widmer" and it was a VERY good read! I highly recommend getting the book if you're thinking about setting up a jellyfish tank.

camfish

CK...nice tank but I have a pet peeve.
Your "Your" and "you're" usage is off.
You're is a contraction for you are. When you write a sentence using these words, make sure you check it. If "you are" fits, then you can use "you're." Good luck with the tank. BTW, I know I'm a douche and I just wanted to look for a reason to bust your balls.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by camfish
http:///forum/post/2999705
CK...nice tank but I have a pet peeve.
Your "Your" and "you're" usage is off.
You're is a contraction for you are. When you write a sentence using these words, make sure you check it. If "you are" fits, then you can use "you're." Good luck with the tank. BTW, I know I'm a douche and I just wanted to look for a reason to bust your balls.
Thanks!
Fixed.

E

eric b 125

CK, have you ever seen '7 pounds' w/ will smith? i saw it earlier tonight and it got me thinking about your jelly tank. either way, in the movie will smith's character has this dope jellyfish cylinder. he keeps some sort of box jelly fish. its just a movie, i know, but it was a phat tank.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by Eric B 125
http:///forum/post/3012599
CK, have you ever seen '7 pounds' w/ will smith? i saw it earlier tonight and it got me thinking about your jelly tank. either way, in the movie will smith's character has this dope jellyfish cylinder. he keeps some sort of box jelly fish. its just a movie, i know, but it was a phat tank.
Yup, watched it a few days ago. Great movie. And yeah, I saw the jelly tank. lol It was a box jellyfish.

nano reefer

impressive, the plexi cutting through the center of the tank is no eye candy, but its amazing that we can trap nature in our homes :)

hyen

Hi CK,
How are you and your jellies doin?
I have done DIYed my kreisel...

I havent really test on the system and gonna test it hopefully tmr nite. I believe the circulation will be fine. The only things I worry is the leakage. The tank look exactly like what I planned except the workmanship quality
. This is just a testing skid and if its successful, a larger scale tank will be made for display tank in my house.
I have few questions for ya...
1. The place I staying, its hard to get salt water feeder fish. How am I suppose to overcome this matter. Can a frozen brine shrimp work?
2. How frequent do you feed your jellies?
3. Hows the light requirements?
4. I read somewhere in the internet saying dissolved organic carbon can be food for jellies, should I add in a protein skimmer?
hope you guys enjoy the pics...