My new 120

blazehok68

Originally Posted by Oceansidefish
http:///forum/post/2925722
Here are some pics...Hopefully I can find some more baserock soon.

Mine looked like that when I first transfered my 55 over. I actually built a stand out of PVC to give it that false look of having more rock than it actually does.

J

jojo727

Blake has a good idea, i did the same thing with mine. it allows more water to flow around the rocks.

oceansidefish

So I moved some of the rock in my tank around....And I am pretty sure I killed my purple firefish... He came floating up the next day. Maybe I will break down and get a Helfrichi

oceansidefish

Well I found out a LFS not far from me is going under so I am going to go and see if I can get some more LR for cheap.... Also I cleaned out my skimmer and oh man.... I have never smelled anything worse than that. It must be working
I am also getting a nice diatom bloom and figured it was time to add about 10 more snails.

oceansidefish

I was able to pick up 40 pounds of LR yesterday from a closing store for $2 a pound. It is really just two large Marshall Islands pieces from their show tank. One piece seems to have a large encrusting cap of some type...Will post pics when halides come on...

oceansidefish

I knew I needed more...It was just a questions of how much I was willing to fork out for the rock... Unfortunately the pics from my camera phone don't do it justice. Since my husband broke my really nice camera, it will have to do for now. Note: Starbucks and cameras = no pictures.

oceansidefish

So we modded our Tunze nanostreams....and wow do those mods work. A little too well. So we ended up ordering new covers to take them back to the beggining... You can mod those things to I am guessing a Koralia 8 or so. You could probably put one at each end of an 8ft tank and be good.

oceansidefish

Well I thought I would give an update on my tank since I have not done so. Everything is growing like crazy in this bad boy... This morning I changed out the bulbs in the tank and got a much nicer color in there now. I have also added quite a bit of coral and a couple new fish.
Current fish list.
Eibli Mimic Tang
Flame Hawk
Candy/twinspot hog
Randalli Goby
Royal Gamma
Midas Blenny
True Perc
What I thought was a digi monti in the tank actually has turned out to be a rainbow... It has colored up amazingly. I am also starting to really build my collection of acans and am starting on the SPS. I am going to be posting a few tank shots below...