My new 120

small triggers

very pretty, looking really good. Does your anemone host your clown? after mine did it stopper being bubbly tipped
but yours looks so bubbly

oceansidefish

My clown does host in the nem... As he is getting bigger though he is spending more time swimming around the tank and does not spend as much time in it. Mostly when the lights are off. He certainly goes in there though

oceansidefish

Today I am going to be adding a small Red Sea Sailfin tang as well....If my guy can find a nice one at the wholesalers...The last addition will be another possum wrasse which I had before but it jumped out of the old tank

M

mr.reef

hey like the tank i have a 125 and i think i like the less rock way better. but can i ask what that coral is in the front that look like snow poylps leather thing is that what it is??

oceansidefish

So yesterday I picked up a Pink-Streaked Wrasse (Pseudocheilinops ataenia) and a red headed goby (Elacatinus puncticulatus) Neither of which are terribly rare, but they are not fish I personally see very often in the trade. Particularly the coloring on the Pink-Streaked wrasse is amazing....Perfect bright blue areas on the fins.
The sea hare I added has begun making its way through the residual hair algae from having the unfiltered sun hitting the tank, I will be glad when that is mostly gone.
Even after it was QT'd my Eibili Mimic Tang has come down with ICH...I am going to make sure its eating well and see how it goes. I don't think there is going to be any way to break him out of the tank at this point. I have had luck before with letting fish recover on their own so we will see how we do. If not then back to the drawing board I will go.

oceansidefish

Well my Mimic Tang didn't make it...He dissapeared into the tank never to be seen again. On another note I finally bought a Phosphate reactor, I will be setting it up today or tomorrow. I am going to use the WM research PhoSar media in it.... Since I have been feeding my Acan collection fairly heavily lately I thought it would be a good idea.

oceansidefish

Well an update on the tank....The mimic tang and pink streaked wrasse are gone...The tang due to ich and the wrasse I am pretty confident was murdered by my PINTA two spot hogfish....I am beginning to despise him.
On an up note the Dolabella sea hare has eaten alot of the hair algae which is not growing back now that the windows are tinted. I have additionally added a phosphate reactor to the tank so I can continue on my heavier acan feedings.
On another down note I seem to be battling a bit of the flatworms. I am going to try sucking out as many as possible and see how we do. I may even dip a few rocks to see if that helps at all.

M

mr.reef

well i am sorry to here about the mimic tang. i lost my today my potters angle killed him when i was gone to school this morning they were fighting and i was running late when i came home he was dead. but i love the tank....