My new nano pics

clarkiiclo

It will! I am soo MAD! One of my moonlights quit! Im not sure what happened but it looks ok still with one. I'll leave it like that until the other one dies and then fix it.
For fish I am gonna move my little perc over here.
Add a fire goby
and Im not sure but either a Jawfish or Yellow watchman. Does anyone know since the firefish and jawfish/watchman are all gobies will the fight?

lefty

It is said that gobies in a smaller aquarium tend to fight. But, you could put them together and watch them closely to see if they do or not. Fish don't always behave how we expect them to. :)
-lefty

baylisc

Clarkii,
in your orriginal post you said you where going to upgrade your lights, what do you plan on upgrading the lights to?
Thanks

clarkiiclo

JBJ makes a hood that has 72 watts. Or you can send them your exsisting hood as a "core" and get some money off.
Or DIY but Im not that good and Im sure I would screw it up. :notsure:

R

relm68

Hi. ClarkiiClo
Can you tell me how did you made those moon ligths.
I'd like to do it on my nano tank
thanks...!
blj500@icqmail.com [/B][/QUOTE] :yes: :jumping:

laddy

Those moonlights look pretty cool--great idea. ClarkiiClo, is this the first time you've used black sand?

clarkiiclo

Well the water parameters settled down last week. So I added some hermits and snails yesterday and today. So far so good!
So there is:
5 Hermits a Red and 4 Zebras
5 Snails
1 Queen Conch
This little hermit has the best green and yellow house!

clarkiiclo

I purchased it from a LFS. They order it all the time. Petsmart has calcite which is black but the edges are really jagged and sharp looking. That is why I went with the Tahitian Moon.
The tank has been up for about 3 weeks now. But I waited till my water parameters we stable. I used live rock and live rock in my filter and a raw shrimp.
Ammonia 0 Trites 0 Trates 0

fishy411

i was gonna get black sand for my fw tank but the filter intake was too low so it would suck up the sand. I got som eblack gravel instead.

clarkiiclo

Bummer!
I did notice that when it was really new that the PH would blow the sand about.
Now it isnt so bad. Probally because of all the diatoms holding it down!