My Queen Angel Just Arrived!!!

yannifish

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the crosshatch cost? I saw a pair for sale on another site for $799. The hawiian (hope I spelled that right) crosshatches are beautiful fish!

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by peter1215
wow thats some story....$1000 worth of fish , ouch! I guess that guys isnt working for that company more. man that aquascaping is really nice. I remeber not to long ago you had to clear out the tank. did you say if use any poxy on the rock?
Hey Peter - yeah the guy was fired shortly after.
I decided that I needed bigger caves with the trigger being big. I have not used any epoxy or PVC to stack. It is all dry stacked.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by yannifish
If you don't mind me asking, how much did the crosshatch cost? I saw a pair for sale on another site for $799. The hawiian (hope I spelled that right) crosshatches are beautiful fish!
Hey Yanni - not at all, I got a SUPER SMOKING deal on this guy. I paid $200 for everything. I have a super hook-up at my LFS and the guy in Hawaii that caught him needed some quick cash prior to Christmas. I didnt pay for shipping and didnt have to pay for any of the QT'ing and medications that were administered when he hit the mainland.
There is a guy asking for $500 (plus shipping with no guarantee) for a mated pair (around 6-7") for the male and 5-6" for the female.

ccampbell57

Regina - I have a couple of different kinds of LR in the tank.
The majority of it (125-150#'s) is Marshal Island. Close second (75-125#'s) is Premium Fiji. I also have Tonga branch, and have a couple pieces of actual LR collected from the beaches of Maui last summer.

peter1215

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
Hey Yanni - not at all, I got a SUPER SMOKING deal on this guy. I paid $200 for everything. I have a super hook-up at my LFS and the guy in Hawaii that caught him needed some quick cash prior to Christmas. I didnt pay for shipping and didnt have to pay for any of the QT'ing and medications that were administered when he hit the mainland.
There is a guy asking for $500 (plus shipping with no guarantee) for a mated pair (around 6-7") for the male and 5-6" for the female.
Is this guy willing to just sell one? Im interested in the male. thx

ccampbell57

Hey Peter...that post just reminded me of your PM. LOL...sorry, I totally spaced it.
I will shoot you his email and you can see what he is willing to do. Unfortunately, I dont think that there is any guarentees on the fish.

ccampbell57

I have not personally, but there are a bunch of people that I know that have and they have been very pleased. This guy is professional. It is his life.

stdreb27

It would be safer to do give people an email in a pm. Basically get ready to be spammed, your fixing to get alot of emails regarding "mens health"

yannifish

Wow! good deal. When you get your knew tank, what other fish are you going to put in it? I presonaly would recomend a Desjardinii Sailfin tang and a regal angel. Are you going to start a knew thread for it, or continue this one?

ccampbell57

I will most likely start a new Tank Diary, but I would like to see my thread continue forever :)
As far as other fish in addition to what I have now, I will add the following:
Female Crosshatch
Annularis Angel
Golflake Angel
Scribbled Angel
Replace my Procupine Puffer

yannifish

Ok. What do you mean by "replace" your porcupine puffer? I don't see one in any of you pictures. What is your current stock list? What size tank are you getting?

R

regina13

Ok. What do you mean by "replace" your porcupine puffer? I don't see one in any of you pictures. What is your current stock list? What size tank are you getting?
He lost his puffer awhile back and wants a new one.

ccampbell57

Replace meaning that he died 5 months ago after nearly 3 years in my tank. He was getting harassed by my hippo since day one. I guess he couldn't take it anymore. He was only the second fish I have ever lost.
As for my curent stocklist:
Emperor Angel
Blueface Angel
Queen Angel
Crosshatch Trigger
Niger Trigger
Clown trigger
Hippo Tang
NAso Tang
I will be upgrading to a 350 (actually 375...96x30x30) I was thinking about cutting a couple of inches of the top.we'll see