My Queen Angel Just Arrived!!!

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by yannifish
http:///forum/post/2455162
any updates?
Why yes there have been some updates to the tank. Since the addition of the crosshatch the fish have been doing great. My Hippo again decided to freak out and get VERY territorial so I removed all but 100#'s of the live Rock. This basically is a tank with double the swimming room without all the territorial issues.
While I thought that my stocklist was done I couldnt help myself when I saw a BEAUTIFUL male Blonde Naso tang with 3" streamers.
He is now sitting in my 55g QT and will remain there for at least 8 weeks.
I will be uploading pictures soon

crashbandicoot

Your tank is amazing ! ! ! By the way we went back in to that lfs we talked about the next morning to see the fish .
OUCH
I tend to agree with what you told me the other day . Dead cow fish floating in a tank 3-4 dead damsels in another tank a dead cucumber in another along with a dead sea star that was half eaten .

I just want to say I have been following this tread for a long time and your tank is beautiful. I just have one question.
How do you get away with haveing mutiple Angles in your tank.?
Is there a sertin order they must be interduced?
I olny ask because this site says you can only have one per tank...
Thanks, Countdown

kjr_trig

Would love to see a full tank shot with 100 lbs of LR in your tank CC.
BTW what fish is that in your -- avatar?

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot
http:///forum/post/2455269
Your tank is amazing ! ! ! By the way we went back in to that lfs we talked about the next morning to see the fish .
OUCH
I tend to agree with what you told me the other day . Dead cow fish floating in a tank 3-4 dead damsels in another tank a dead cucumber in another along with a dead sea star that was half eaten .

Thanks Crash! Yeah that LFS is good for people that dont know what is going on. There is a lot of cheap fish, but the quality is poor. I would say you have a better chance of buying from ***** then from there.
Originally Posted by 987654321
http:///forum/post/2455271
I just want to say I have been following this tread for a long time and your tank is beautiful. I just have one question.
How do you get away with haveing mutiple Angles in your tank.?
Is there a sertin order they must be interduced?
I olny ask because this site says you can only have one per tank...
Thanks, Countdown
Hey Countdown - Thanks for the props. With the multiple angels it is a matter of knowing the aggression of the fish. My emperor was my first fish and at the time was the smallest. I believe that angels are similar to triggers. If you have a very aggressive trigger, if you add it last and smallest it will tend to work out. Now there may be issues later on when it gets bigger, but you never know till you try. Also with multiple angels it is essential IMO that you have a lot of hiding places. These guys like to "chill" in my rocks all the time and they need a place they call home at night and when they feel scared. Without any of these places there will be issues. The last thing is coloration. I truely believe the reason most angels fight is because people that buy them get them when they are Juvies. Most angels are the same black white and blue when they are juvies and as they mature they change. When I added my Blueface and my old french, they were of adult or changing colors while my emperor was still a juvie.
Originally Posted by kjr_trig

http:///forum/post/2455278
Would love to see a full tank shot with 100 lbs of LR in your tank CC.
BTW what fish is that in your -- avatar?
Hey KJR - I will definitlely get a shot of the tank...it is really boring right now, but I will get something up.
As for my -- avatar, it is a Clipperton Angel. It is awesome!! It is my second favorite angel next to the Clarion. Someday I will have these 2 in my tank (when I win the lottory).

crashbandicoot

I was in a premire lfs the other day and they had a nice looking cross hatch trigger . The price tag was nice too .
Either way it had ben about 6-8 months since I stopped by there and wow has it changed . I thought of you campbell. Everything was beautiful in there .

ccampbell57

HEy Crash! Yeah Premier just changed ownership. Jack and Will sold the store to Dave (the store manager for the last 18 months). It is now called AquaMart Online.
Still the same great store with wholesale prices to the public...they also have a better selection of fish IMO.
Yeah I saw the crosshatch there too...they want double what I paid :)

crashbandicoot

Oh deffinatly an improvment from trips there in the past . Sad thing is we stopped there on the way to the aquarium and saw just as wide a selection of fish there . I was truely disapointed in the DTA . They only had 3 species of triggers . A tank full of nigers some humu humus and in the big shark tank they had a black durgeon I think it was couldnt get a good look at it . They had a few angels but I'm not good at IDing them .

ccampbell57

The majority of the angels in the aquarium are Passer Angels. I agree with the fish selection there...pretty poor. Although, if you go to the restaurant at the entrance you can see the biggest Queen trigger I have ever seen (24"+).

crashbandicoot

I did see it but there wasnt a price tag on it when I was there . Hows the food there ? I have herd mixed opinions about it . Figures they have the cool fish in the resturant area

ccampbell57

The food is horrible. The fish made it bareable. THere are much cooler fish in the resturant.
The black tang was down to $350!! If I had a reef, it would have been in my tank a while back

crashbandicoot

Oh man I would love to have a black tang but a 350 its still out of my price range .I wouldnt wanna keep that in my little tank anyways .