My Queen Angel Just Arrived!!!

turningtim

Originally Posted by Airforceman
http:///forum/post/2606151
Thanks you two.
You taking notes Tim? lol

Nice try! Sorry it has a single advantage weight thats it! Besides I have a concrete floor so acrylic never even crossed my mind!
Hey everyone has their opinion. You can't deny that acrylic scratches way easier than glass. You lay out that kind of cash for a tank and you want the one that is less durable?
On top of that the 2 largest catastrophes I have heard of where acrylic tanks. Either flat out failing or busting a seam b/c it wasn't properly bonded......
Not me!

Where been AFman?
Tim

ccampbell57

Well the glass is definitely cheaper. I am up in the air on this. I know how heavy my 180 glass is and it was not fun moving it. The ~600g glass would be unreal. I would imagine I would need at least 6 people to move it and have the glass suction cups for all as well.
Right now I have a quote out to glass cages for a glass 120x36x30H with dual overflows and starfire front. I received my quote back from Tenecor on the same size acrylic and it was pretty comperable.
Decisions decisions. All I know is that it will be a Reef party at my house with lots of beer when I order this thing!
BTW...why the new name Mike? Your confusing me.
Oh and yes, I changed the avatar to a Masked angel. Trying to decide if i like it as much as the Clarion :)

el guapo

Well you got 3 able bodys already and I am sure a few more could be shaken out of the wood work .
Crashbandicoot was just so limited to the videogame character . I had planned to switch it when I made this one but never fully just went with it . I finally just made the switch .

turningtim

I would weigh it out. You can't tell me that a 600 gal acrylic tank is light. And after 600 gal of water (almost 5000lbs) that the difference in percentage by total weight is that great between an acrylic tank and a glass one. I could be wrong and probably am but 2-3 tons is 2-3 tons no matter how you slice it.
You will need cups for the acrylic also I may be able to borrow some it need be......
Mike stop messing with us. New name and the avy!
Tim

stdreb27

Originally Posted by TurningTim
http:///forum/post/2606508
I would weigh it out. You can't tell me that a 600 gal acrylic tank is light. And after 600 gal of water (almost 5000lbs) that the difference in percentage by total weight is that great between an acrylic tank and a glass one. I could be wrong and probably am but 2-3 tons is 2-3 tons no matter how you slice it.
You will need cups for the acrylic also I may be able to borrow some it need be......
Mike stop messing with us. New name and the avy!
Tim
That is true, but I don't care how heavy it is setting there, just carrying it to there.

el guapo

some suction cups and maybe those straps they use to carry pianos ? Not sure what they are called but they are heavy duty nylon and have a loop on each end to wrap around your wrists .

ccampbell57

Update!!!!!
I finally got over the crosshatch and decided that I needed one more fish. I bought a Personifer Angel and he should be here sometime within the week.
I cant wait to see him. I have never seen one in person, but think that the black and purple will compliment my tank nicely.

ironeagle2006

I called the place that the gy here on SWF got his 600 gal for SPS up and got a quate for a 350 since that will be the largest I can squeeze into my house. I am going with the new line from Marineland instead getting the 6footer that holds 300 gallons and then setting a fudge and wet dry underit with a RDSB. My upgraded skimmer can handle up to 500 gallons so I am safe there. All I need now is 3500 bucks and I am in the zone called getting the whole shebang lights stand and canopy.

ccampbell57

Aloha everyone!
I just got back from 9 days in paradise. I take a yearly trip to Hawaii with the family but have not been to Oahu in many years for more than a day and this year decided to stay on the east side of the island at the Kahala Resort. Well to make a long story short, this side of the island is absolutely gorgeous! Very low traffic and lots of clear calm water. It has now moved up to the top 5 places I will visit over and over again when I come back to the islands.
While there, I met up with Rob a local fisherman that collects many of the rare Hawaiian fish that we all dream of having in our tanks. He brought me out on his boat to go fishing with him and to make a long story short, I went scuba diving with him and he caught my 3" Bandit angel

I will post more pics when I get a second.

R

regina13

Your tank just kees getting better and better!!!!

What tank will he/she be staying in.

ccampbell57

LOL...thanks Regina. Well the Bandit is already in the DT. I didnt want to chance what happened to my goldflake with the Bandit.
He went through a 3 hour acclimation and is already making new friends in the DT.
I will be taking the clown trigger out in the next month. I am not sure he fits with where I am going with the tank.