My Queen Angel Just Arrived!!!

bioneck47

I truly love all of your fish... Your stocklist looks pretty close to mine, but your hippo and emperor angel are way bigger than mine. And I thought my blue hippo was big at 5-6"....

ccampbell57

Thanks Bioneck. I would love to have the golden puffer you have in your system. LOL about the size of the fish. They are growing like weeds. Their bellies are just round and are all sweet as can be.
Any updates on your tank? Any additions?

bioneck47

That's good to hear, glad your fishies are doing good. I actually just ordered a crosshatch trig., queen, and a juvi. african mappa puffer! I'll get the queen and puffer on friday and the crosshatch the week after. I'm so excited, here's a recent pic of my tank... It's kinda empty right now cause I had an ich outbreak and I'm just now starting to add my fish back in.
Attachment 202754
Attachment 202755

bioneck47

Oh and did you have any conflicts between your angels? I've actually never kept any angels together and SWF.com has that scary ALERT on how to never combine angels. Pretty sure I'll be O.K. but just wanted to make sure

ccampbell57

I have not had any bad conflicts between the angels. The blueface and the emperor had a little squabble when the blueface was first added. I added the blueface in at around 5.5" and the emperor was about the size of my bandit (3"+). By the time I added the Queen, the emperor was well over 8" and the blueface was around 9". Since adding the queen, the emperor has growen at an alarming rate and his color is unreal.
You should be fine with the juvi queen. Just keep an eye on her.

krazykarel

I tried to look up your thread on the bandit on --, but since i am not a premium member I couldn't search for your thread. Can you give me an idea of how to look for it :)

G

gtdarock

Hey Camp ! That Bandit, has to be your most prized possession.
Good luck with it
. How is the new tank coming along-?

ccampbell57

Yeah the Bandit is my MOST expensive fish by far! He is still not my favorite (my emperor is). He is however the fish that means the most because he came from the ocean to my bucket to my hands to my tank.
As for the big tank, I just ordered the 120Lx36Dx30H from Tenecor yesterday.
I will be putting up a thread on it soon.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
http:///forum/post/2678780
Yeah the Bandit is my MOST expensive fish by far! He is still not my favorite (my emperor is). He is however the fish that means the most because he came from the ocean to my bucket to my hands to my tank.
As for the big tank, I just ordered the 120Lx36Dx30H from Tenecor yesterday.
I will be putting up a thread on it soon.

500 gallons on the nose right? When is delivery? How thick are you going on the acrylic? Is Tenecor doing the stand, or are you doing "in-wall" like you talked about? Sooooo many questions.

ccampbell57

500g exactly. I am doing an in-wall tank. So the front will be acrylic and the sides and back will be cobalt blue. I will have 18" external drain boxes on either end of the tank and will have four returns spread throughout the back of the tank. I did not want to sacrifice space in the tank for the drains. THis way I will have a TON of drainage and a lot of space for returns throughout the tank for proper flow.
I actually just got off the phone with Dennis from Tenecor and am finalizing the deal by this weekend. The ship date will be in October some time (way earlier than I wanted, but I had to take advantage of the 25% deal he was giving me)
SO EXCITED!!!! Kirk, you should make a trip up to Colorado so you can help move the tank during my "Tank Moving Party" with Crash and others :)

ccampbell57

Semi-aggressive. I will have the following stocklist:
Angels:
Bandit Angel
Emperor Angel
Blueface Angel
Queen Angel
Scribbled Angel
Personifer Angel
Pair of Potters angels
Tangs:
Naso
Male Blonde
Dussimer
Hippo
Black Tang
Achillies
Triggers:
Pair of Crosshatches
Niger Trigger
Wrasse:
6 Female Flame Wrasse
2 Male Flame Wrasse

bioneck47

Hey cc, what kind of copper did you use to treat your display?Cupramine? Your fish look really good and I'm really considering doing the same to my tank. Unfortunately I have Ich in my DT again. It's actually easier to remove all of my live rock than all of my fish, but is it O.k. to leave the sand in? Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread or anything...

ccampbell57

I coppered the DT with Cupramine. That worked really well, but the angels didnt like it too much. The blueface still has a little scar on the top left of his head from the copper. They reacted a LOT better to the hyposalinity in the DT. The live rock is removed an put into my 100g plastic container with water and powerheads and a heater during it.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
http:///forum/post/2679066
Semi-aggressive. I will have the following stocklist:
Angels:
Bandit Angel
Emperor Angel
Blueface Angel
Queen Angel
Scribbled Angel
Personifer Angel
Pair of Potters angels
Tangs:
Naso
Male Blonde
Dussimer
Hippo
Black Tang
Achillies
Triggers:
Pair of Crosshatches
Niger Trigger
Wrasse:
6 Female Flame Wrasse
2 Male Flame Wrasse
I have a suggestion if you have room for one more?

ccampbell57

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I love it Kirk! That is awesome!
I will take the Velvet under my "on deck" list. I really liked yours a lot. It may make it onto the starting team by March :)