MY Tank Build Diary!

scott t

Well got all the stuff for the electric just waiting for my step father and brother to get here to do it that and Hope they will drill the tank today.. Also Was wondering I am getting ready to order the heater for the tank and was wondering if a 150W Titanium would be enough for the 75gal for now. I do plan on ordering another one for back up or should I go with a 200W and do the 150 as a back up??

2quills

200W should be fine Scott. You'll probably get some heat transfere from pumps/powerheads...etc. So as long as the temp in your house stays fairly stable you're heater won't need to kick on very much. The one of my 50G almost never has to come on.

scott t

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/382874/my-tank-build-diary/100#post_3349892
YAYYYY....what brand heater are you getting?

Finnex HMO Heater Series - Digital with remote probe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills
http:///forum/thread/382874/my-tank-build-diary/100#post_3349896
200W should be fine Scott. You'll probably get some heat transfere from pumps/powerheads...etc. So as long as the temp in your house stays fairly stable you're heater won't need to kick on very much. The one of my 50G almost never has to come on.
The temp in the room that it is going to be in stays between 67-69 year round the one in my QT hardly ever comes on and stays about 78 constantly so I dont think it will be a problem, I am going to go with the 200w

scott t

Just placed the order for my Heater, Should be here prob mid weeks.. Yay just another piece for the tank.. Thinking about ordering the stuff for the return line also. After talking to Corey I think I know what I am going to do and how I am going to do it... Thanks Corey!!

gemmy

Looks like you're making good progress!

BTW, I am in sunny Florida and that is why my responses have been a little slow.

scott t

Well I forgot to tell and post this but I got my New Titanium heater Wednesday here are a few pics of it!

meowzer

Very nice Scott.....when I get another heater for the 225G that is what I am going to get.....right now it is running on the one stealth...so I figure as long as it is doing the job...why spend the money...LOL...especially since I keep spending it on other stuff

scott t

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/382874/my-tank-build-diary/100#post_3352803
Very nice Scott.....when I get another heater for the 225G that is what I am going to get.....right now it is running on the one stealth...so I figure as long as it is doing the job...why spend the money...LOL...especially since I keep spending it on other stuff

Yes that is so true, it was not that expensive either, I was surprised...

meowzer

HMMMMM....maybe someone who knows about Finnex heaters can answer this....for a 225G tank I would need an 800W heater????? WOW....

scott t

To me that sounds like a little overkill to me.. I dunno maybe someone else will chime in and confirm this...