My Tank is Always Cloudy !!!!

spanko

So you are saying the display tank water enter the sump on this side correct?

If that is so where do you place the filter pads or wool as you call it?
Also you have a power head in your refugium section, one baffle that the water goes over to enter your return pump section. Is that power head stirring up things in the refugium and sending it back to the tank?

ivasawajin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko http:///forum/thread/384012/my-tank-is-always-cloudy/40#post_3363573
So you are saying the display tank water enter the sump on this side correct?

If that is so where do you place the filter pads or wool as you call it?
Also you have a power head in your refugium section, one baffle that the water goes over to enter your return pump section. Is that power head stirring up things in the refugium and sending it back to the tank?
the wool is on top of the ceramics in the 2nd and 3rd row . and i put 2 Purigen bags where the water is coming down... but no filter bags... and the power head in the Refigium is very small and it only moves the plants a litlle for flow , it doesnt move the sand , and the sand in the Ref is live sand and its not as light as the sand in the display .

spanko

Okay then I would suggest a filter sock on the tube that dumps water into the sump from the display. I don't believe that you are getting the full advantage of the wool where it is located.

spanko

Yes the wool gets dirty, but also look at all of the stuff that get through into the bio media rings.
Yes, it needs to be maintained, cleaned.