My weight loss journal

snakeblitz33

Alright,
So, I admit, I have a weight problem. I am making this public (not that it already isn't) because I want some encouragement from outside sources. (not just family and friends)
At one time in my life, I lost 110lbs over the course of a year, when I was still in highschool. I excersized and ate right. I didn't go on any sort of pill or diet plan, and I am going to do this one more time.
Loosing weight like this has to be a life change or else it isn't going to work. I admit that I have been eating second helpings, drinking five or six sodas a day, rarely excersizing beyond work, and snacking on very unhealthy foods sometimes. In the last year, I have also been eating out a lot at fast food restaurants because there was really no time to cook any meals. On top of that, I also ate a lot of carbohydrates because of Romman Noodles (because I couldn't afford anything else)
I thought I was six foot 3, but I re-measured and I am actually 6'1". (it's amazing how much bigger/taller we think we are, eh?) I am also currently 270lbs as of this morning.
This means that I have a body mass index of 35.6. This means that technically, I am morbidly obese. My target body mass index is 24.5 with a weight of 182.
I naturally have a large frame/big bones. When I lost a lot of weight, I was still a very broad shouldered person. I also looked normal/healthy when I was 210lbs. I think 182 is going to be loosing too much weight, so I am going to aim for 210lbs.
Every day on here, I am going to "write down" what my current weight is and hopefully I will see some change over time. I will also try to write down things that I have eaten so you all can critisize me all you want! yay!
My predictions: I'm going to loose 5lbs a week for two months, then reach a plateau where I won't loose any weight. Then, I have to ramp up my excersize routine to loose more weight. By this time next year, I should loose at least 60lbs and stay that way.

snakeblitz33

My Diet Plan:
First what I can't have: Sodas, Chips, Fries, Fast Food, Second helpings, snacks in the afternoon, cookies, bagles, pizza, Romman Noodles, and greasy and fried foods. If you all want to suggest some other foods to stay away from, by all means, add it. (oh, ham and bacon, and I am going to stay away from eating a lot of bread.
What I can eat: Salads, Fruit, Veggies, Peanut Butter, red meats, chicken, fish, eggs, beans, peas, corn, Whole wheat bread, wheat pasta, some pastas, home made hamburgers, deer sausage, spaghetti, (add anything to the list that is healthy that is GOOD to eat.)
Of course, when I eat certain foods, I will eat just half of what I usually do. My problem is eating too much and not excersizing enough.
My Excersize Plan:

Mountain Biking 30minutes a day (preferably in the mornings)
Lifting weights =
Upper Body:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Lightly on the weekends.
Includes: Biceps, Triceps, pectorial, back, and neck. (pushups, free weights, pullups)
Lower Body:
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and mixed upper/lower on Sunday.
Includes: Legs, abs and lower back. (sit ups, squats, stretches)
Excersize sessions lasts at least 30 minutes each. Maybe a 10 to 15 minute break in between a session with a breif "cool down."
If I can afford it, I am also getting a punching bag. If I can also afford it, I am going back to taking karate and maybe teaching again once I get in shape.

coral keeper

It looks like a good plan! Good luck! Also, maybe you should post before and after pictures? Just for the heck of it. lol

aquaknight

P90X
. My two roommates are on it. One to loss weight, the other to get more ripped. It really works both their tails off every day. We've also started playing racquetball a lot too. If you are a bit atheletic to start with, P90X is going to be great, definitely look into. But it's might be too much for a professional couch potato...

jerryatrick

Good things to eat - Lean Ground Turkey (99%fat free), Fat free yogurt and fat free cottage chesse, canned tuna in water.
Do a google search for "body for life" and check out the week 1 shopping list.

nw2salt08

What I would do is switch the wheat bread to whole grain breads...better fiber intake and if I'm not mistaken the calories aren't as bad either. I ate this while I was on Nutrisystem Flex program...I love 35 lbs in two and a half months. Also, wheat pasta instead of regular...
Tastes just as good at the regular.

snakeblitz33

It's not very easy to change my diet, because I share food/meals with four other people. Making them change over to another type of bread or pasta would be very difficult to do.
My wife is also going to be on this diet. I'm going to be bike riding/walking with her pretty soon.
I'm not a professional couch potatoe, I do have some athletic ability. I play a pretty good game of basketball, and infact, there is a basketball hoop/public grounds pretty close to wheere I live. I might go and shoot some hoops once it warms up a bit.

snakeblitz33

Update: I just had my first glass of water in months for dinner :D
Earlier this morning, I got out my free weights and did a few reps. :D

snakeblitz33

Alright, so:
It has been suggested to me that I should run instead of bike ride. This gentleman said that I will loose a lot more weight running/jogging then bike riding.
BUT, I think for now, I am going to go bike riding to build up my muscles in my legs, and endurance, and then start jogging again.
I found an MP3 player that will help me keep rhythm! YAY!

ruaround

Originally Posted by alix2.0
http:///forum/post/2932831
sounds awesome! im inspired! i think im gonna shoot to lose 10 pounds by my birthday.

do you really need to???
best of luck to you Snake!!! keep postin here and getting some motivation!!! dont give up man!!!

abrand

in my opinion trying to create habitual eating patterns is easiest when using some sort of plan such as Weight Watchers. The evidence is there that this stuff works because you can essentially eat anything you want but just have to sacrifice somewhere. Also you can find all the point values and the number of points you are allowed online so it is a free diet as well. Just my opinion but lots of luck to you, I am sure you will be successful regardless what route you choose.

mimzy

....let's go snakey....

::clap clap clap clap-clap::
...let's go snakey....

::clap clap clap clap-clap::