My Weird tank...

ncacura

I live in Richmond, myself. I always go to fish world, I've been to a couple other places but they never seem to be as helpful as Joe is. I got my tank off craiglist, but as for everything else I got it at Fish World. He's a little more expensive than some places, but he gurantees all his products, and if you ever have anything wrong with anything just bring it in to him and he'll replace it for you, no charge. He's really good about that. Plus his livestock is always healthy, and I trust him and his livestock. If you all ever want to get rid of anything let me know. I want to upgrade once I graduate from college, to a bigger tank. Right now I have a 75.
BTW your tank looks great, I like how its unique and not the same old tank as most, just looks like a pain to do stuff in your tank. :)

fishpoor

I like joe too and they have a great selection! I had been doing business with Scott and Shannon at Richmond for almost a year before I met Joe so I kinda already had a relationship with them but he has been great too! Do you have anything that you want to trade? I have a black and silver cardinal I just bought this week and I can't EVEN see him in my tank! He has decided to hang out on the sides and I can only see through the front! ;)

fishpoor

okay...this is what I have decided on please give me pros and cons!
Cleaner Wrasse
Hawaiian Blue Puffer
Blonde Naso Tang
Rectangular Trigger
Mandarin Dragonet
4 Orange line chromis
I now have a
Clown
black and white 4 striped damsel
and a Cardinal
I know the trigger is a little risky, but I just love him! Anyone have any advice?

fishpoor

Just an update... Everyone was right about the Damn-sel she was a bully and tonight I caught her, I have only been trying 2 week!
I finally just took out all the rocks and cornered her. Everyone else is GREAT.
I have a
Hawaiian Blue Puffer
Blonde Naso Tang
Rectangular Trigger
Mandarin Dragonet (teeny, only about an inch long!)
3 Orange line chromis
Clown
I added a Yellow tang and 3 blue green Chromis tonight.
KILLED BY THE DAMSEL
Cleaner Wrasse
1 Orange line chromis
Cardinal
IN MY QT AND WILL BE BACK AT THE LFS TOMORROW!!

1 black and white 4 striped damsel
My Mandarin is a little ruffed up from the damsel but she is eating great! I bought 1000 copepeds and added them to my tank just in case ;) I will add pictures when my water clears up a little (from moving the rock)I just wanted to let you guys know that it is going great!

fishpoor

here are the pics as you can see I made the Aquascape much taller this time!, I am hoping to get a new camera for Christmas!
Oh yeah and I changed the background to black! I like it much better!

lexluethar

Beautiful tank fishpoor! I do enjoy the fact that it is "odd", not the generic looking aquarium you're used to. Contrats on a successful tank and catching those damsels, it took me a few weeks to get mine out too! Little

[hr]

perfectdark

WOW That tank is awesome.. Sorry to hear about your bully. But I have heard that cleaner wrasses dont survive long anyway. I dont know how much truth there is to this statment but from what I have heard they only eat parasites, and eventually starve in the home aquarium. ... WOW that tank is really cool. Good Luck with it.

ice4ice

Originally Posted by LexLuethar
I still think you are at some point in time going to fall in....
:)
LOL !!!! I'm betting that as well. Even though we saw what the top looks like, eventually you'll fall in ....
Get a Lil Giant ladder. I hear they're great to have around the house for all sorts of jobs - even odd placements to work in.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Fishpoor
here are the pics as you can see I made the Aquascape much taller this time!, I am hoping to get a new camera for Christmas!
Oh yeah and I changed the background to black! I like it much better!
oooo I like it

fishpoor

I have been so busy with life I have not had much time for my tank! Here are pictures...I know it is dirty, my magnet finally died and I guess I will have to break down and buy a good one! Any suggestions? Remember its acrylic! I also had Joe make me a light set up, I plan to do a few softies. I still have to paint the canopy.

mcbdz

They have plastic scrapers for acrilic. Or use an ice scraper. The one I have has a plastic blade.

mak90

what is that thing a TV?! lol put a sofa in front of that beast and get rid of the tv, animal planet all day long!
nice tank!

fishpoor

Yeah, I just bought the all the acrylic cleaners, polishes and scrapers this morning along with a GOOD magnet and an RO/DI system! thanks to my new favorite online store ;) I should be good to go now!