NaNo-NeWb1983's 24g Nano Cube thread!!

whisk

Good luck on finding the GSP. If mine was large enough i would frag it and send you some. Craigslist might be an option for you too if you cant find any at the LFS.

nano-newb1983

Originally Posted by Whisk
http:///forum/post/2905906
Good luck on finding the GSP. If mine was large enough i would frag it and send you some. Craigslist might be an option for you too if you cant find any at the LFS.
I have a good feeling they will get some, I was in sunday and they said they are supposed to be getting tons of corals in.. I just hope i can get one..
thanks for offer on yours. maybe yours will hulk out tonight and then you can frag it lol

fcatch76

Nano, I missed you setting up the fuge, sorry. First, congrats on it, looks good. Second, with all the questions you had:
Yes, live rock is a good idea back there
Sand, should be at least 4" deep, otherwise why bother with sand at all
Chaeto is good, shaving brushes worked well for me until the chaeto covered the light
I add a bag(or two) of SWF pods every 3 months to help feed my mandarin
Sorry I wasn't around sooner and HTH

nano-newb1983

Originally Posted by fcatch76
http:///forum/post/2906227
Nano, I missed you setting up the fuge, sorry. First, congrats on it, looks good. Second, with all the questions you had:
Yes, live rock is a good idea back there
Sand, should be at least 4" deep, otherwise why bother with sand at all
Chaeto is good, shaving brushes worked well for me until the chaeto covered the light
I add a bag(or two) of SWF pods every 3 months to help feed my mandarin
Sorry I wasn't around sooner and HTH
Thanks alot man, i was soooo excited to get it on...
I have about 3in of sand in it, Should i get more?

nano-newb1983

Added more LS to my Fuge and Moved it on the Left side of tank.. I Think it will work better and get more water circulation to the fuge.
Also will add pics with new goodies soon

subielover

Looking forward to pics. I remember reading a thread that Bang Guy stated that having a sand bed that tapers from around 1 inch to about 6-7 inches was ideal. Could be something cool to try

[ronnie]

congrats on the GSP.. tank is looking sick man.. i just picked some up my self too.. a bit smaller of a frag as i know this stuff is going to spread quick from waht people say.. its about half as much as you have.. the guy i was buying frags from actually just threw it in for free.. (this is the second time this has happend).. lol..

nano-newb1983

thanks man... you should of seen the HUGE ball of cheato i had. Whats in the pic is only about a quater of the ball.. growin like crazy
Also have more additions. will get pics tomarrow. light is off

fcatch76

good idea placing it on the side, looks like you now have a DSB!!
. Although wierd, I do enjoy watching my refugium from time to time. Another thing I added to mine was sea lettuce.