NaNo-NeWb1983's 24g Nano Cube thread!!

dankbardy31

Nano Newb,
I just got a 24g and I was curious what you had in your 3 compartments? You have chemi-pure and chaeto right?
Whats in your compartment 1 as far as mechanical goes? What compartment did you put your heater in?
Let me know because I haven't finalized my decision on how to do my compartments yet. Thanks

nano-newb1983

Dank,
Chamber one- i got Filter Floss, Chemi-pure Elite and Purigen
Chamber two- Get a Handfull of cheato and a Duel 10w Submersable light (Cant post link)
Chamber three- Return pump and heater
Let me know if you have any more questions

dankbardy31

Been reading more of your thread. Very nice progression. Sorry eventually read the answer to my question. You haven't had a problem with the sponges being taken out? (floss works fine). Do you have the floss filling the first compartment or just part of it. Do you still keep the chaeto in a cup? I took out my rings and bio balls and put in chemi pure, amonnia stones, and medical stones. Reccomended from my lfs. But i want to get some chaeto too. When you make your own saltwater for changes how much salt do you use per 5g to get your sg at 1.024 (or whatever it currently is). I buy my water premade but it is low on the sg. Did you get parameter readings from just the lr and ls or did you ghost feed. Day one i put in about 30lbs of lr 20lbs of ls and when i checked levels 3 dys later, still no levels. What were yours like the first week?
Thanks for all the help and once again congrats on a tight tank and 6 months!

nano-newb1983

Replys in red
Been reading more of your thread. Very nice progression. Sorry eventually read the answer to my question. You haven't had a problem with the sponges being taken out? (floss works fine)No problems at all, just make sure to replace every few days and you will be fine. Do you have the floss filling the first compartment or just part of it.Just a small handfull near the intake. Do you still keep the chaeto in a cup?I would used a cup still but i added a HOB Fuge I took out my rings and bio balls and put in chemi pure, amonnia stones, and medical stones. Reccomended from my lfs. But i want to get some chaeto too. When you make your own saltwater for changes how much salt do you use per 5g to get your sg at 1.024 (or whatever it currently is) It will vary on the type of salt you use, i use oceanic salt i love it, and i keep my SG at 1.025. I buy my water premade but it is low on the sg. Did you get parameter readings from just the lr and ls or did you ghost feed.Yes Day one i put in about 30lbs of lr 20lbs of ls and when i checked levels 3 dys later, still no levels. What were yours like the first week? I didnt get any spikes until week 2, and i didnt ghost feed..

nano-newb1983

wait until you get a complete cycle. For a full cycle in my tank it took about 3 weeks.. So wait until you get an ammonia spike and wait for that to come down to 0 again, then wait until Nitrites spike and drop to 0 again.
Once that come then your ready for your CUC... You should Start a tank diary and post some pics.. We Love seeing tanks progress

dankbardy31

Yea I think I will do a diary especially so i can track things that I do or happen to the tank.
Where did you get your underwater light for the chaeto?
My lfs and *****/petsmart don't carry them

dankbardy31

was yours about $19? Someone said that the Koralia 1 had too much flow for their nano. You have been pretty happy with yours correct? Have you ever had to deal with brooklynella?

nano-newb1983

Originally Posted by dankbardy31
http:///forum/post/3013943
was yours about $19? Someone said that the Koralia 1 had too much flow for their nano. You have been pretty happy with yours correct? Have you ever had to deal with brooklynella?
yes, $19 sounds right
I love my Koralia 1.. I got 2 of them in my tank

nano-newb1983

NOTE TO SELF: Replaced MH bulb today
Anyways, i also added a surface skimmer today and it rocks. If anyone has a Nanocube 12/24G get one

whisk

hey bro, long time no see. looking good on the progress. very jealous of your zoo frags. i would like to see pics of your new surface skimmer too. hope things are well.