Nano Reefers! Info and Tank Photos!

asharp13

yes and i hate the guys at my LFS for telling me he was a good starter fish. he is a menace and i am terrified of adding a couple clowns and a sixline which i have wanted to do since i first set up my tank for fear that he will attack them.
meowzer i feel your pain!!!!

asharp13

aquapod 24: how long have you had your tank??? have you done anything to promote that great coraline on the back of your tank or did it just happen??
does anyone know if there is a way to promote different colors of coraline? i know of purpleup but i like the bright reds? aany advice on how to get some????

aquapod 24

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3131354
Surely you don't mean the striped Damsel (KILLER)

for get i said that i looked at his avatar and thought it was a pygmy angel of some sort then i looked at the blown up picture and saw it was a damsle, i didnt know damsles go that big

aquapod 24

Originally Posted by asharp13
http:///forum/post/3131451
aquapod 24: how long have you had your tank??? have you done anything to promote that great coraline on the back of your tank or did it just happen??
does anyone know if there is a way to promote different colors of coraline? i know of purpleup but i like the bright reds? aany advice on how to get some????
I have had my tank for about 8 months. i did not do anything to promote it it just happened. it got that thich at about the begining of the summer and i got the tank last january.

aquapod 24

Does anyone know how to prevent the scum on the top of the water(you can see it in my picture). When i do a water change it goes away but in a couple days it cmes back. I do a water change every other week. If you have any advice on how to get rid of it TELL ME. I hate how it looks and i cant get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!

meowzer

You may need some more surface agitation....I had that problem, and just directed one of my powerheads towards the top

aquapod 24

I alredy have a thing disturbing the top of the water. Do you think I should buy a whole seperate powerhead to desturbe the water even more? I hate the stuff it makes my tank look so dirty. Would a more powerfull pump work?

P

pelagic

Isophyllastrea rigida - Rough Star Coral

Montastraea cavernosa - Great Star Coral

now i am looking for this little guy, hard to find, but not impossible
Liopropoma carmab -Candy Basslet

asharp13

Originally Posted by AQUAPOD 24
http:///forum/post/3131849
Does anyone know how to prevent the scum on the top of the water(you can see it in my picture). When i do a water change it goes away but in a couple days it cmes back. I do a water change every other week. If you have any advice on how to get rid of it TELL ME. I hate how it looks and i cant get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!

i had/have the same problem. i hate that film too it looks like crap. i am not sure exactly why it happens but a guy at my LFS instructed me to put a bag of carbon on top of my sponge filter. it worked really well but make sure you change the carbon every 2 weeks...i do mine every week...or it will leach bad things into your tank. make sure the water flows through the carbon and not just over and to the sides of the bag or it will do nothing. this worked for me within a day.

asharp13

yea good luck! i know carbon comes in many different forms...mine looks like little cylindrical pellets. keep us posted if you see a change or not

mrmagoo

I have a biocube and right now i'm having problems figuring out my lighting sequence. I recently upgraded my lighting to HQI.I guess the problem I'm really having is finding a light strip big enough to hold all of my electronics with timers. Any help would be great thanks!

asharp13

i bought some 6" extension cords. they come in 3 packs and you can find them at target near the electrical and fan sections. they work great and are color coded to help you keep all those cords organized!!