NCAA Football

I'm a HUGE fan of NCAA football. Best sport in the country hands down. The preseason rankings are based more on name and prestige than anything. Although Arkansas was about as big a top 10 bust as I have ever seen!
The truth is, Alabama is light years better than everyone else this season.

darthtang aw

I'm a HUGE fan of NCAA football.  Best sport in the country hands down.  The preseason rankings are based more on name and prestige than anything.  Although Arkansas was about as big a top 10 bust as I have ever seen!
The truth is, Alabama is light years better than everyone else this season. 

Correction. It is the second best sport. Until they figure a better way for handling the national championship, they are light years behind the nfl.

Ya I'll give it to yal besides the accs lack of d the gt Clemson game wasn't that bad even though I wanted gt to win
Sc national champ I believe if we beat LSU by more than 12 than we will beat florida and ik we can beat bama because we whooped up on them a few years ago when the still had all there stars on d and o
Plus Lattimore is getting back in his old grove

Dude, the ACC is terrrrrrrrrrrible this year. That's one thing about the SEC... if you run the table, you def deserve a spot in the title game...

reefraff

I don't buy the hype about the SEC. Bama indeed looks like the best team in the country but who have they really played? western kentucky, florida atlantic, Arkansas and ol miss. They beat Michigan which on paper was supposed to be a good team but team turned around and only beat Air Force by six and got beat by Notre Dame. Look at LSU's first five wins. North Texas Idaho and Towson were 3 of them with Washington and Auburn being the real competition. Auburn sucks so loud their only win has come against ULM. Mississippi State if 5 and 0 and ranked in the top 25. 3 of their wins are Jackson State, Troy and South Alabama with there 2 "quality' wins coming against Auburn and the equally el sucko maximous kentucky. But the decent teams in the SEC get credit for beating all these high ranked teams which inflates their own standings in the polls. I aint saying they aren't good or the best. They just aren't some super conference that is so far superior that their winner automatically deserves to be in the big show.
If you look at who they've played and the outcome of the games I'd be betting on South Carolina as the best in the SEC.

acrylic51

Love the NCAA.....NFL is a joke.....Personally on paper and playing Alabama is the team to beat.....I'd honestly love to see South Carolina play either Alabama and a sleeper is Florida and Florida St.....

reefraff

Florida State probably blew any chance they had losing to NC state. Bama's only serious challenge was Michigan and the LSU game. Other than that they could sleepwalk through their schedule. South Carolina should face them in the division playoff, Assuming they get past Florida and LSU. Notre Dame is my sleeper although I hate the team. Tough schedule, if they go undefeated they will have as good a case for the NC game as anyone.

acrylic51

Not a ND fan either, but they are looking pretty good....If they go undefeated hopefully they will get a nod at the championship.....South Carolina's quarter back wasn't impressive IMO....I think if he gets against a hard hitting defense that gets to him he'll be rattled again.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/393183/ncaa-football#post_3496067
I don't buy the hype about the SEC. Bama indeed looks like the best team in the country but who have they really played? western kentucky, florida atlantic, Arkansas and ol miss. They beat Michigan which on paper was supposed to be a good team but team turned around and only beat Air Force by six and got beat by Notre Dame. Look at LSU's first five wins. North Texas Idaho and Towson were 3 of them with Washington and Auburn being the real competition. Auburn sucks so loud their only win has come against ULM. Mississippi State if 5 and 0 and ranked in the top 25. 3 of their wins are Jackson State, Troy and South Alabama with there 2 "quality' wins coming against Auburn and the equally el sucko maximous kentucky. But the decent teams in the SEC get credit for beating all these high ranked teams which inflates their own standings in the polls. I aint saying they aren't good or the best. They just aren't some super conference that is so far superior that their winner automatically deserves to be in the big show.
If you look at who they've played and the outcome of the games I'd be betting on South Carolina as the best in the SEC.
Every division plays "whipping boy" teams the first four or five games before they start playing in their own division. Look at Texas' opponents in the Big 12. Texas wouldn't even be ranked where they are if the ref would've watched where the ball was on that last touchdown drive against Oklahoma State.
Needless to say, I'm an Aggie fan. A&M's smartest move was to the SEC to get out of Texas' shadow. They're supposed to be the "whipping boy" of the SEC, but with the numbers Manziel is putting up, they may do better than expected. LSU isn't the powerhouse this year like they were the last three/four years. Lost to Florida last week, and will have to make a dominant run in the rest of their schedule to even have another shot at the Championship. This week's game against South Carolina will be the defining point of their season.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393183/ncaa-football#post_3496036
Correction. It is the second best sport. Until they figure a better way for handling the national championship, they are light years behind the nfl.
Haven't heard? Starting in 2014, they'll have a "pseudo" 4-team playoff system in place, still using the Bowl games and a "selection committee" to determine who the four teams will be.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8099187/ncaa-presidents-approve-four-team-college-football-playoff-beginning-2014

darthtang aw

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393183/ncaa-football#post_3496198
Every division plays "whipping boy" teams the first four or five games before they start playing in their own division. Look at Texas' opponents in the Big 12. Texas wouldn't even be ranked where they are if the ref would've watched where the ball was on that last touchdown drive against Oklahoma State.
Needless to say, I'm an Aggie fan. A&M's smartest move was to the SEC to get out of Texas' shadow. They're supposed to be the "whipping boy" of the SEC, but with the numbers Manziel is putting up, they may do better than expected. LSU isn't the powerhouse this year like they were the last three/four years. Lost to Florida last week, and will have to make a dominant run in the rest of their schedule to even have another shot at the Championship. This week's game against South Carolina will be the defining point of their season.
No, everyone doesn't do it
Notre Dame
Navy
Purdue
Michigan
Michigan State
Miami
Stanford
Arizona state
Northern Arizona
Illinois
Missouri
Utah
California
I can pull up a whole lot more but I agree more conferences are starting to schedule rent A victims seeing how the SEC has used it to such an advantage for so long.
I agree A&M made a smart move bolting. My mom's family is from Arkansas. I remember when the Southwest conference was Arkansas and 11 teams from Texas LOL! I personally think they should have traded LSU for A&M. It would have made both conferences much more interesting.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393183/ncaa-football#post_3496208
I did hear of this....and like I said, until it is in place....they will be behind the NFL. Once it is in Place...that will be a different story.
I still think they should use the 4 big bowl games as an 8 team playoff. It only adds one week of games before the NC game and makes it much more likely that the best team makes it into the championship. 4 teams selected by a committee still leaves room for controversy. Still it's better than what we have now.

Sc has one of the hardest schedules in the NCAA also we started with a sec game played to tar teams and then started a 7 game sec schedule which we are currently in the middle of
Anyone else see sc winning the nat. Title?