Need help fast!

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by levinjac http:///forum/thread/380990/need-help-fast#post_3316767
ok so how big are we taking about and how muck salt do we add if any at all also do we do it daily or every hour or so
Did you go to the diseasse section and read it? I told you it tells you step by step.......
what do you mean how big? Aren't you gonna do hypo on the whole tank|?
READ THE TOP POST IN THE DISEASE SECTION

meowzer

Let's see....it will kill invertebrates.....now and LATER
no corals EVER....it will kill good stuff on sand and rock.....google copper in saltwater aquariums...and just read some stuff

monsinour

Seriously, if I ever get anything bad in my tank, chemicals will be the last resort. And I do mean the very last resort. I would go with dropping the salt slowly.

levinjac

i cant do it my dad odes these things ima kid and kniw the facts but dont know how i wish i had a qt i really do but moneys tight and my tanks at my moms and there divorced

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by levinjac http:///forum/thread/380990/need-help-fast/20#post_3316877
i cant do it my dad odes these things ima kid and kniw the facts but dont know how i wish i had a qt i really do but moneys tight and my tanks at my moms and there divorced

Use a power head, put it in a 5g bucket (FISH ONLY) it costs $3.00 at home depot, make that your QT to treat your fish. watch for ammonia spikes just s you would a regular tank.

btldreef

If money is tight, hypo is better and cheaper than doing a copper treeatmnt.
I know you have plans to do a reef eventually, so DO NOT treat with copper.
How bad is the ich?
Go to the store and get a 10G Rubbermaid storage bin. Fill it with RO and mix it to a salinity of 1.019. Put your powerhead from your DT in the bucket with the water. Let the water mix for 24 hours, then catch your fish and place them in. Wait 24hours, but during this time, make 3G of fresh RO. After 24hours, take out 3G from the container the fish are in and add 3G of RO water, not salt. Repeat daily until salinity is at 1.009. Leave your fish in this bucket for 6 weeks. During that time, your main tank will be fishless and the ich parasite will slowly starve to death and die so when you add the fish back to their DT, no ich will return. YOU MUST WAIT AT LEAST 6 WEEKS, EVEN IF YOU NO LONGER CAN VIEW ICH ON ANY FISH!

btldreef

I'm having an issue right now in my 155. I have quarantined every fish I've ever put in there and my damn sailfin tang has ich right now
so nothing is fool proof.... It's aggravating. I upped my temperature, added two more cleaner shrimp and a cleaner wrasse for the time being until I move. Once I move, the rock, inverts and sand will go in the 180, and the 155 will remain with all fish except the mandarin and go through hypo.
**The cleaner shrimp and cleaner wrasse are NOT a cure, they're just keeping it at bay until I move and can set up a large enough QT to deal with all of these fish... IF I could catch the tang, I'd also fresh water dip her.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/380990/need-help-fast/20#post_3316895
I'm having an issue right now in my 155. I have quarantined every fish I've ever put in there and my damn sailfin tang has ich right now
so nothing is fool proof.... It's aggravating. I upped my temperature, added two more cleaner shrimp and a cleaner wrasse for the time being until I move. Once I move, the rock, inverts and sand will go in the 180, and the 155 will remain with all fish except the mandarin and go through hypo.
**The cleaner shrimp and cleaner wrasse are NOT a cure, they're just keeping it at bay until I move and can set up a large enough QT to deal with all of these fish... IF I could catch the tang, I'd also fresh water dip her.

Oh man I am so sorry to hear about this, I know your going nuts about it. I am so tramatized about getting new fish...or adding anything new to my system including rock. Corals have freaky bugs and nasty snails...Poor meowzer..with her new zoa...it's scary.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/380990/need-help-fast/20#post_3316915

Oh man I am so sorry to hear about this, I know your going nuts about it. I am so tramatized about getting new fish...or adding anything new to my system including rock. Corals have freaky bugs and nasty snails...Poor meowzer..with her new zoa...it's scary.
LOL.....My zoas are good now
....I still have them in the 10G until tomorrow......and I have not found anything else on them YAYYYY...they are very pretty too...if you saw the thread I had about them, I posted pics

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/380990/need-help-fast/20#post_3316929
LOL.....My zoas are good now
....I still have them in the 10G until tomorrow......and I have not found anything else on them YAYYYY...they are very pretty too...if you saw the thread I had about them, I posted pics

I did follow the thread. Yes they are beautiful. I just was commenting on how every time we add anything new it's a gamble. I shudder every time I do so. That doesn’t mean I can help myself. Once I get the new sump going and my water quality improves...new corals are soon to be added.