Need help fast!

levinjac

i cant do a reef either it will always be fish only now but i still need snails it says carbon will get rid of it my pad is carbon so if i take it out while i treat for 4 weeks then put it back in wont it rid it of my system with in a week or two

btldreef

Carbon does not get rid of ich. It will pick some of it out of the water column, but it does not get rid of it from the fish, or the LR.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/380990/need-help-fast/20#post_3316915

Oh man I am so sorry to hear about this, I know your going nuts about it. I am so tramatized about getting new fish...or adding anything new to my system including rock. Corals have freaky bugs and nasty snails...Poor meowzer..with her new zoa...it's scary.
It's making me crazy! I have no idea how it got into my system. I dip all corals, QT all fish and I haven't added any new inverts with the exception of two harlequin shrimp in forever. There is no way for my to QT as many fish as I have in this tank until my house is ready and I can set up the 180. Just not what I need right now while I'm also dealing with a stubborn filefish.

gemmy

He is young and at the mercy of his parents.
I do think the hypo would be less expensive in the long run considering all the long term effects it will have.

btldreef

An idea....
Dump the copper treatment down the toilet and tell daddy that you treated the tank. The fish obviously won't get better, so THEN you can try to convince dad that copper doesn't work and you need to hypo....

gemmy

I have seen first hand what it will do to a freshwater system, and I can only imagine what it will do to a saltwater tank. Copper leaches into fish system where I work and we have to take extra steps to keep the snails, plecos, loaches, shrimp, bala sharks and more alive.

levinjac

ok ill read my dad some post im sorry im just trying to save a fish the easiest way i cant do this i just cant my parents are divorced im trying to tell you that my dad would do it but he cant go to my moms house

meowzer

LEV....you don't need help to do the hypo.....just fresh ro.....I don't unersatnd why that is so hard, or why you need help.....take out some sw....put in fresh.....test until you get the levels down
then after 4-6 weeks....you add top off with salt...abd slowly raise the levels back up

levinjac

oh i just thought it would be harder than that it seams easy when you explain it i also have ph buffer like in the thing so YAY hoe frecuently do i do it

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by levinjac http:///forum/thread/380990/need-help-fast/40#post_3317460
oh i just thought it would be harder than that it seams easy when you explain it i also have ph buffer like in the thing so YAY hoe frecuently do i do it
I'm not 100% on the frequency....did you read the hyposalinity threads in the disease section? I think if you do the changes over a couple of days you should be ok....