New 0.75 gallon nano!

new_noob

lol, dude that rocks, a little fuge? cool, now i want one! you think it would have enough room for maby a shrimp, of a little Firefish gobby?

Y

yae4volcom

Hey just to let you know I do not think jeo has been around here much lately. You could probably fit 1-2 sexy shrimp or a hermit crab but not anything bigger and no fish at all.

fishman830

nah i dont think you could put a firefish goby, no fish would be able to live int here due the the small water mass, and evaporation and everything.. it is just not enough space for any fish to live...

nudibranch

I set up one of these. So far I love it (and there is only LR and LS in it). I have a Nassarius Snail (hitchhiker) and 2 mini feather dusters (hitchikers). I added about 1.2 LBS of LR and 1LB of LS to the tank. .2lbs of the LR is in the filter, and I will be adding macro pretty soon.
I have yet to test it, but I'm pretty sure you could make a mini drip system for top-off. I currently loose ~6oz (3/4 cup) of water/day (I live in AZ). When I worked at a LFS a few years back they had a drip system for chamaeleons. It held a cup or two of water. You'd have to measure your evap rate and toy w/ the drip rate until you got it right, but I see no reason why this couldn't be successful. If set up right this would help keep the salinity stable or at least offer a "vacation solution".
System parts: plastic jug w/ airline and plastic flow regulator (an easy DIY project, silicon would be VERY handy). Possibly use an "IV crimp" (I dunno what the heck they are really called) for flow regulation.
If someone experiments with this I would love to know. I will be, but right now I have only a snail that likes to crawl up my intake (@#%&!) and the feathers. Once I add coral I will be doing this and I'll get back to you on it.

mdavisslo

As for a drip system, why not fix a tube to a small container, via a small hole in the bottom of the container. Fill the container with water.
Have the bottom of the tube at the exact height in the aquarium that you want the water level to stay.
I don't know the scientific term for it, but the water stays in the container and tube until the evaporation brings the level down enough to require more water to be dripped in.
As long as the container has water, the water level should be able to stay constant...right?

mdavisslo

Sorry, no info. I was just thinking about that set-up...my cat watering dish reminded me of it...it's got a 1 gallon container that feeds into a watering dish. As the cats drink, the container feeds water into the dish...keeping the dish full as long as there is water in the container.
I guess it has to do with pressure or a vacuum being created, or something to that effect.

minex

Any takers? I searched for several places and found the makers of the product, but no distributors. I simple PM would suffice too.

minex

Thanks for the reply, Nudibranch. I actually purchased one and managed to get it up and running last friday. The biggest problem is the evaporation rate. I let it sit without any livestock over the weekend. When I came back on monday, 3/4 of an inch of water had evaporated -- not good.
My solution was to put plastic wrap over the top (except where the filter was). This appeared to help greatly. Its been 4 days and the water level went down by only a few mm. Right now, I have a hermit crap and a mushroom in it and they seem to being doing good.

doxboi

Ok this is cool I hope someone is still around to reply. Let get down to specifics
You do no water changes ever?
1 inch sand bed?
Small LR 1lb
softies (ricordea)
basic light that comes with it?
no fish?
no hermits?
snail?
filter that comes with it, how often do you clean?
or take sponge out and replace with sand, LR, and what else.
what do you feed and when?
So i could like take a... lets say a 55gallon break it up and have a bunch of these tanks all over and jsut top off once or twice a day?