New 100g tank diary!! Will need help along the way

artemk

Nice tank! Sorry to hear about your ich problems. hopefully you can get it to go away without any casualties. I am a newbie to this hobby, and learned a few things from your journey! I will follow along as well!
Good luck with your tank!

dude thats so awesome that you learned stuff! great to see you on this forum :)
UPDATE: Tang actually getting better..
got my LEDS in :) am going to set them up soon and post pics.
had my first OFFICIAL water test of almost every element done today.. it goes like this..
Sg: 1.028 (i know.. high. i immediately fixed it as i got home.)
ammonia- 0 ppm
nitrite- 0 ppm
nitrate- 0 ppm!! :)
pH- 8.4
alkalinity (?)- 200 ppm
calcium- high :( 560 ppm. i was dosing too much calcium without magnesium, which i am told helps control calcium levels and helps it be more useful) i bought some magnesium
chlorine- 0 ppm
magnesium- 1020 ppm (low :(

I need fish help! If you guys are here tell me what you think of these fish:
Rectangular/reef trigger
Choati wrasse
Six-bar wrasse
Radiant wrasse
ANY type of leopard wrassei could keep?
Any mandarin/dragonets that don't need a life supply of copepods?
Purple queen anthias
Pink square anthias
Lyretail anthias
If you have any suggestions of what I should get I'd love to know!

flower

I'm not familiar with the fish you have selected, you have an aweful lot of simular body types and that USUALLY (not always) spells a problem. All mandarins need copepods a refugium will remedy that and it isn't hard to do, they even have HOB types that would do just fine to keep a mandarin happy.
Here is a book I have used for years to select my fish, it has saved me a ton of money and headaches

And a page so you can see the good info it offers

I actually forgot about it, but I have it! I'll check it out. So you do t know anything about the anthias or the leopard wrasses? I've heard leopard wrasses are really hard but there's so many types of them. I'd love a leopard wrasse.
I guess my problem is..and why you haven't heard of these is because I don't like the common fish most people i have. I like the unique ones, which probably isn't good

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus1cizmythang http:///t/386986/new-100g-tank-diary-will-need-help-along-the-way/280#post_3425395
I actually forgot about it, but I have it! I'll check it out. So you do t know anything about the anthias or the leopard wrasses? I've heard leopard wrasses are really hard but there's so many types of them. I'd love a leopard wrasse.
I guess my problem is..and why you haven't heard of these is because I don't like the common fish most people i have. I like the unique ones, which probably isn't good
Hey matt... any updates?

yes, actually! Here's my current stock:
Sailfin tang
Clownfish
Pink pseudochromis
Coral beauty
Naso tang
melanarus wrasse
Have 2 3 foot strip led lights that add great supplementation to my corals..added quite a few corals and am seeing some good growth in everything except like my GSP and sunset monti
Got purple coralline algae growing everywhere..all fish pigging out doing great. All params almost perfect including alk and calcium/mg
Can post pics soon :) glad to know I'm not completely left alone!

Thinking for next stock:
Maybe a powder blue? I know that's kinda pushing it
Some really colorful wrasse
Thinking more maybe on the adventurous side..anglerfish? Scorpionfish? Small shark/ray?Puffer? I've read up some of these and I know I could do it if i really wanted.