New 100g tank diary!! Will need help along the way

All my fish and corals are doing great; ive noticed a chalice i have doubled in size, xenias flourishing and growing on other things, frogspawns got many more heads.. cyano is basically gone now..
I have 2 20000K MHs on the way, and as soon as I get them I will take a pic of my tank.. my clown and wrasse "Martha and Ned" are doing great too!
And my dad and I are thinking about making our own LEDs for my tank!
and lastly: I havent got anything new since about 4 weeks :)

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus1cizmythang http:///t/386986/new-100g-tank-diary-will-need-help-along-the-way/240#post_3415063
All my fish and corals are doing great; ive noticed a chalice i have doubled in size, xenias flourishing and growing on other things, frogspawns got many more heads.. cyano is basically gone now..
I have 2 20000K MHs on the way, and as soon as I get them I will take a pic of my tank.. my clown and wrasse "Martha and Ned" are doing great too!
And my dad and I are thinking about making our own LEDs for my tank!
and lastly: I havent got anything new since about 4 weeks :)
That sounds great... keep the good work up and I expect lots of pictures!

Thanks :) so ive been thinking since i havent put anything in my tank since about a month that i would get a new fish.. next week i think im going to get a sailfin tang. :) i talked to some people and researched and they said sailfins are a good tang to start with and have a good surival rate.

travelerjp98

I agree with what others have said, but I usually wouldn't recommend a sailfin in a tank of your size... because it's really on the border. But, in your circumstance, you seem to have a low bio load and a pretty nice tank, so I am going to say yes, as long as the sailfin is the biggest fish.

I now have a lemonpeel angel and a coral beauty. I know this is a quick addition, but the coral beauty was given to me as a gift and I couldnt refuse it :( so the sailfin is going to have to wait.
If you wouldnt recommend the sailfin then which tang? Cause I'm going to have a tang, i just dont know which.

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus1cizmythang http:///t/386986/new-100g-tank-diary-will-need-help-along-the-way/240#post_3417910
I now have a lemonpeel angel and a coral beauty. I know this is a quick addition, but the coral beauty was given to me as a gift and I couldnt refuse it :( so the sailfin is going to have to wait.
If you wouldnt recommend the sailfin then which tang? Cause I'm going to have a tang, i just dont know which.
A yellow tang might work, or a kole tang.. maybe a bristletooth?

:( yellow tang is too common and i really dont like either of those other tangs much. I like powder blue also, but I heard they're hard to keep. I talked to the guy at the LFS and he said a sailfin would be fine in a 100g. you disagree?

metropd637

TEAMSTERS LOCAL 320 ARE WORTHLESS.RICE COUNTY CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS HAVE DECERTED LOCAL 320 GREG BURNES IS WORTHLESS.MERL KING IS A CROOK.BRIAN ALDES TRIED TO IMTIMATE US.ALL CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS NEED TO DECERT LOCAL 320.

metropd637

TEAMSTERS LOCAL 320 OFFICERS ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS.VANCE ROLFZEN RATS OUT FELLOW CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS AND IS ON THE NUTS SIDED.HE'S BEEN MARRIED 4 TIMES IN 12 YEARS WHAT A BUM.

not sure what i wanna get next for stock.. ill probably a month
i would LOVE some type of butterfly but i know theyre like impossible to keep.
i guess the only other tang i could get are the really common, not as pretty ones..
maybe a marine betta?
idk help me out here

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus1cizmythang http:///t/386986/new-100g-tank-diary-will-need-help-along-the-way/240#post_3420890
not sure what i wanna get next for stock.. ill probably a month
i would LOVE some type of butterfly but i know theyre like impossible to keep.
i guess the only other tang i could get are the really common, not as pretty ones..
maybe a marine betta?
idk help me out here
I think a marine betta could work; I don't see any other fish that would fall susceptible to prey to the Marine Betta.
Just look around and see what ya like, and I'll say yay or ney!