New 28G Nano Cube for Horses :)

meowzer

OK....second powerhead is in.....PHEW....almost got my hand stuck in the back chamber....LOL....Stuff is blowing around, BUT I am sure it will settle....I AM NOT worried about the horses tails....the slots in these nanos are much smaller then the tails....I will have to wait and see if this is gonna work out or not

meowzer

Losing another seahorse :( Got up this morning and it was hanging sideways on it's hitch.....didn't move when I put food in.....SO I guided her to the bowl....she is just laying there....first she did a little "flopping"
Now she is just laying there....I think she is almost gone
There are no physical signs of anything...and the other 2 are just fine

I GIVE UP!!!! I have the 2....and I will never do this again

WELL...apparently she died before I even finished posting this

flower

Oh meowzer...I so so sorry.

Could there be an aiptasia someplace and it got stung? I can't imagine what's doing this....there has to be something in the tank that only those two encountered.

meowzer

I have no clue...all I know is I constantly care for this tank....the one that has gotten the GBD is just fine.....and the little runt of the batch too.....
I have seen a bristle worm...BUT I can not imagine that during the night it attacked it...left no marks....and then the horse dies...that even makes less sense, and NO...I have seen no aptasia...
I now have the 2.....which IMO is all I should have had in this tank anyway.....I will care for them with the diligence I always have.....and IF anything else happens....WELL....I give up....
My 3 green banded gobies are doing great....even spawning....LOL...so I know it can't be anything in the tank

meowzer

WELL.....Now there is one

Woke up this morning and the little horse was dead....Just laying there by its food dish.....body looked in perfect shape....This horse business is a complete freakin mystery to me....
SOOO The only one left is the one that had the gbd in the tail twice. Looked ok this morning, BUT WHO KNOWS.....

meowzer

Well I fed the lone horse dinner.....and it ate just fine...BUT then again....so did the little guy last night

Even though it doesn't look sick.....I am not holding out hope anymore....especially since the other 3 died the way they did.....sudden with no signs of anything

bender77

Have hope. The exact same thing happened to me. I kept waiting for my 4th horse to die. After several months I finally decided to get him friends. Now if they all die and he lives and going to think he may be a typhoid Mary

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender77 http:///t/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/660#post_3418604
Have hope. The exact same thing happened to me. I kept waiting for my 4th horse to die. After several months I finally decided to get him friends. Now if they all die and he lives and going to think he may be a typhoid Mary
IDK, I set up this tank from the beginning for horses....have had issue after issue.....I can't bare to keep losing them :(

novahobbies

Oh Lois I'm so very sorry.... Believe me, I can definitely relate. Losing these critters is as hard as losing a furry pet IMO. Please don't lose hope for the fourth one; he's already proven to be a fighter. I'm very, very sorry your loss.....

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/660#post_3418738
Maybe i'm just not meant to have seahorses.....

I disagree, I think there has to be a stinger or something that hitchhicked in the tank that killed them. You take good care of your tanks and critters, I don't think the blame is with you at all, so you are meant to have them. We just need to figure out what happened so you can get some other horses and move on.