new arrival--270g w/pic

mike22cha

Originally Posted by murph145
well sounds like u will have a perfect setup for sps... i know the single dart on the 4 way works great in my tank... u will really like the way they work...
everyone starts slow but sps always lurk around the corner lol
Ah come on guys, I'm hearing "Shark tank!"LOL.

bullitr

very nice set up
i wish i can redo mine it will be 24 " high instead of 30 and i'll go for 72x 30x 24 with bigger sump and glass starfire my tank is not reallya great set up for sps i just make the best out of it. maybe my next set up in the other wall . if i win the lottery

coachklm

o.k heres an much awaited update ewith equipment pics and set up.
the downs were the fact that i filled it up, but thought i had a sump crack,... emptied it then tore the sump out ...(it was a leaky bulkhead because a gasket was on backwards...lol
so I refilled it and added sand... WRONG move again as everything in the system got coated with a cement like paste and it still remained after a week of settliing so I had to empty the water and clean everything. and fill it back up...lol
so finally some equipment pics:
first is your standard ATI powermodule 8x39w t-5

then you filterguys 150gpd watersaver unit with extra 5 micron filter with booster pump.

then a FTS as of today I only have one powermodule as they ran out of stock.
after the plumbing shot

and I now have 4- 20 amp ciurcuits

coachklm

one last shot ... you can seee whats in the tank... but the skimmer(ATI BM250) is still pulling gunk out and clearing up the water I have to say this is the best skimmer I have ever dealt with and the setup was amazingly simple...

coachklm

ok one last shot (maybe) I decided to see the comparison of t-5's to PC's on the right is 4 x 96w pcs and the left is the powermodule....

acrylic51

I knew I seen this setup on the other forum......looks very good......How's that ATI skimmer working for you?

fish addict

That tank is so pretty! It is going to be SO cool once you put the LR in! Are you going to put a canopy on it? I think it would give it a more finished look. That is the one thing I don't like about my acrylic tank, I can't have a hood so you can see the waterline and it doesn't look as finished and nice. But even if you don't your tank is still going to be amazing!!!

coachklm

i love the skimmer... it was easier to set up then the asm g-5 and the aqua-c remora pro..lol it's pullin gunk out already and there's next to nothing in the tank.
on a side note I got my first formation finished.... front left

coachklm

heading to spokane this weekend to pick up some livestock and will update somemore after christmas ..lol (if I can still find he thread then....lol

Ive been told its a perfect tank for sps and maybe I'll pick up a calcium reactor just incase...

reefkprz

WOW I have been waiting for updates on this tank since the original pictures I dont know how I missed the updates on the 18th. looking good coach.

bessycerka

Just curious, how did you get the image of a triggerfish on the bottom legs of your jeans in the photo of you in the tank? The tank looks phenomenal, good luck with that. Electric power is really THAT inexpensive up there? Might be " Movin to Montana soon" yippie yi oh tie aye.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by bessycerka
Just curious, how did you get the image of a triggerfish on the bottom legs of your jeans in the photo of you in the tank? .
its a reflection of a statue accross the room........

rylan1

You mentioned SPS.... What type of setup are you going for and what type of livestock are you planning on including?

mie

Originally Posted by coachKLM
heading to spokane this weekend to pick up some livestock and will update somemore after christmas ..lol (if I can still find he thread then....lol

Ive been told its a perfect tank for sps and maybe I'll pick up a calcium reactor just incase...
Hey coach where in the northwest do you live? BTW nice setup.