new arrival--270g w/pic

S

shark bait

What did you pay for the Lutinent. Tang have one and they are bold but good fish, and eat anything, I have mine with a dusimuri, blond naso, yellow eye and all work well. good luck on the tank, I know what its like having a 330 reef myself. Are you going to make an open hood and put the lights in it. Made a huge change in the look and lost light in my tank.

coachklm

I found a deal for the fish package I picked up
tennant tang 9"
blue hippo Tang 5"
naso Tang 6"
2 bartletts anthias 4"
3 lyretail anthias 3"
mandarine
african wrasse
2 colonies sps M.Digitata
2 orange colony zoos
1x m.cap 6" diameter Purple rim
1 1" frag oregon tort
uhhh $196

sciknen

hey hows it goin
im new to the community gonna be starting my own tank in a month or so
my question is is what are those holes in the bottom of the tank?
ive seen them in some tanks online i just never fiqured it out yet

coachklm

that alright i'm happy to answer any questions...
The holes are for a Closed Loop Circulation system. I have One main drain 1.5" going directly out of the tank into an sequence dart water pump... this pump increases the flow of the water by pushing out 4 other holes on the bottom of the tank... the outlets have a directional flow nozzle so I can choose where the pump it pushing the water.
I currently have only on system running but made sure I had two available just incase I need more flow.
It makes my tank more like the currents in the ocean.

I'm just here to help and share my experiences

E

emeralcrab

Where in Montana are you? I am in Kalispell, great looking tank and love those tangs.

coachklm

Originally Posted by EmeralCrab
http:///forum/post/2478476
Where in Montana are you? I am in Kalispell, great looking tank and love those tangs.
One hour south of you in Ronan... and your certainly welcome to stop by...(ret25yo)
Originally Posted by sciknen

http:///forum/post/2479182
ahh thats pretty sweet
say the electricity goes out wont they be able to swim down them??
yeah.. I guess they could... but I would love to see what happens when I turn that pump back on...lol
every hole in the bottom has a ball valve that enables me to change any of the plumbing without any water leakage or draining of the tank. by just turning the valve off.

coachklm

If I were to order a frag tank I would get it almost the exact same size as my fuge...
48x30x18 (the fuge is 20 high)

that tank is Bad man, congrats! Awesome fish, how did u get those fish for that price? I mean I can because I work at a LFS but wtf

coachklm

Originally Posted by ChrgerOnDavins
http:///forum/post/2481134
that tank is Bad man, congrats! Awesome fish, how did u get those fish for that price? I mean I can because I work at a LFS but wtf
lol..I got people....lol
people will almost donate the fish if they know you have a sufficient tank and keep them happy.
any sick fish in the store you can get for cheap stick him in a QT for 6 weeks and whalaa... I got a sick royal gramma for 3.99 from the store I go to... and revived it and sold it back to them for $20.00... (they charge 32 dollars for the fish..lol)
Plus I convinced the owner that something for a sick fish is better then nothing for a dead one.
Originally Posted by Kevin34

http:///forum/post/2481142
How big do tennant tangs get? Could one live in a 125g if it was the only tang?
tennants get big.. real big... I'm hoping my naso outgrows him though... I think if you warm up to the "larger" species of tangs before jumping into getting one you will be alot more successful with your overall tank health...
by warming up I mean try a couple compatible smaller tangs ( yellows, koles, purples, possibly a blue hippo) these will give you feeding, treatment, and acclimation experience neccesary for tangs...
I did learn though awhile ago that you dont transport a 8"+ fish in a bag. (nor can you temp acclimate a large fish in a bag. lol

alot of experience is trial and error You just cant give up.

my price on grammas is about 3.99 normally, as our price on them is 2.99 and I pay 30% over that... so just under. But yeah some people are dumb! :)