new arrival--270g w/pic

coachklm

I live in montana, the same guy/company built all items (stand,sump,tank) he also cut the starboard between the tank and stand. there is also a piece of starboard saving my floor from water if the sump ever overflowed, (once so far,thanks to me not shutting the water off..lol)
the algea cycle is killing the looks of the tank so a serious cleaning will comense tonight...

coachklm

i'll get a layout of the sump for those interested I have to go back through my drawings and see what I have left but its a very unique sump that I have yet to see designs anywhere similar...lol as I have many designs in my library and thought an original would be great...

coachklm

o.k. so a little early... I'll throw pictures up here in a little but a beginning trip to the LFS brought me
40lbs LR
6 peppermints
20 snails
20 micro hermits.
i'll throw pictures as soon as I get a camera from the boss.

coachklm

the tank was filled with rocck and corals yesterday so many are still acclimating so coral pictures here you go
hydrophoria??(sp) 6" x 6"

frogspawn 12+ heads (show size)

white and green bubble corals

coachklm

candycane corals (very receeded before rescuing)but already showing signs of recovery

condy anemone (huge)(very green)

zoanthid colony

coachklm

wow... i may loose my condy anemone as it is expanded at the base but the tenticle are shrunk and suggetions?

coachklm

no need it has a bubble plate and the ******** is designed for bubble contact time with the positioning of the pumps gives it swirling contact then the plate separates clean from protien then to the top I cannot see how or why for that matter you could or would put a recirc on it .

coachklm

looks like my tank was set... I just left for 3 days and the only bad thing that happened was my skimmer cup over flowed but as with softies thats ok ... plus I have 300+ lbs of live rock in there so everything looks peachy...lol

coachklm

ok reaquascaped with primarily branch rock...

if anyone wants additional pictures I can just throw them up I have tons...

thanks for everyones encouragement sofar

brandon7491

looks good only thing i would suggest is getting those pieces of lr that are on the sand in the fuge cuz it looks very messy imo. n e ways looks good

coachklm

well if you look at the bottom of the picture you can see my fuge .... Its full to the brim with Live rock and so is my 40 breeder... most of the small rocks in front have frags of softies attached..

acrylic51

Hey Coach.....looks fantastic......Any issues with the sand blowing around and the removal of coralline algae from the acrylic tank? Did Envision do the tank for you?

coachklm

for the water flow test I had sand blowing... the spots that became bare of sand I filled with a higher grain size and its been set since. the tank was hand built by Clear Fabrications(one man company) in Seattle.
coraline is a weekend endevor-every weekend removal by hand as I dont have an tigershark magnt yet.
p.s. I have no livestock except
bar goby
clown
cherub angel.
6 peppermints
1 cleaner shrimp
20 snails
20 hermits