NEW dwarf seahorses!!

costa13

do you know the total number of them you have know? because i know there were knew babies. by the excellent pictures. :jumping:

fishgeek01

Love the pics luke, you didn't tell me they had babies in the bag, I am hooked now, you know we will be taking a trade soon for some of those if you are willing.

fishgeek01

The funny thing is that the 10 gallon that is my daughters guppy tank was supposed to be for that type of horse. That was the original plan, the budget at the time said fancy guppies though. lol

rykna

Very cute! Say someone mentioned earlier that dwarf SH's are very vunerable to diesease and should not be kept with LR. Could you fill me in on this please? :happyfish

bronco300

my male is having his babies, he has already had some and still pushing...trying to get it on video!!!!

bronco300

well while i wait...basically they are things call hydroids which may be semi ok for most animals, dwarf seahorses are not ok with them since dwarves are so small...that does not mean you can't have live rock,sand,etc...you just have to make sure you use an additive called Panacur...which can basically kill off the hydroids.

rykna

WOW!!! Where do the dwarf horses orginate from? That's a tough evironment to copy. I'll have to add that to my long list of things I still need to learn about for my salt tanks......
Let's see....I started at 7 with fresh......I got a long ways to go before I can do a salt tank blindfolded and one hand tied behind my back!
NEATO more babies!!!!!! I can't wait to see the video!!!!
Now the first batch can have cousins!!
Congrads Grandpa! :happyfish