New Guy

Well I've been lurking and posted here and there so I decided that I should introduce myself. First off my name is James Cameron (yea yea... no jokes) I'm 23 years old and live in southwestern Wyoming... literally 3 miles from the Utah/Wyoming state line. I got into this hobby by chance really. My wife and I were heading to the local ice cream shop and ended up getting a 20 gallon tank that was on sale around the corner from the ice cream place. Anyhow... we have only had the tank about a month now and don't have any fish yet. Not really sure which direction to take it. I will post up some pics for you all to see and I will keep you updated about whats going on and more than likely ask plenty of questions.

Entire Tank

Left Side

Right Side

Random Angles

meowzer

Well I would like to say WELCOME to SWF....and ask away
I don't see any powerheads....are they hiding? LOL....

bender77

I keep thinking, where is the anemone I see the the reflection, then it dawned on me it's your background

Nice. My first tank was a fish only with live rock (FOWLR) I had that tank for 5 years and when the light died and I upgraded I ended up adding a few corals. Now Im in the process of setting up a seahorse tank as well.
Can't wait to see what you decide to do with your tank.

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3116258
Well I would like to say WELCOME to SWF....and ask away
I don't see any powerheads....are they hiding? LOL....
Don't have any yet... I was thinking about getting a Hydra Koralia controllable powerhead shortly.
Originally Posted by bender77

http:///forum/post/3116267
I keep thinking, where is the anemone I see the the reflection, then it dawned on me it's your background

Nice. My first tank was a fish only with live rock (FOWLR) I had that tank for 5 years and when the light died and I upgraded I ended up adding a few corals. Now Im in the process of setting up a seahorse tank as well.
Can't wait to see what you decide to do with your tank.
I will definitely keep you guys posted!
Thanks for the welcomes guys!

crypt keeper

just get a couple K1's place one on each side and you will be fine.
You could go mini aggressive like scropions or dwarf lion or community set up with about 4 fish maximum

bulldog123

Corals are where its at, who cares about the fish. I say by a mp20, couple clowns, and a hell of alot of coral.

Hey thanks for the warm welcomes guys!

We just got our first 2 fish today! A clown and a yellow watchman! I was wondering when would it be safe to order the 20 - 55 gallon reef package? I would love to order it right this second!

bender77

This may be a dumb question, and please do not take offense. Did you cycle your tank? Did you watch it go through the ammonia, then nitrate spike then drop to zero and get nitrate? A lot of people think adding rock, sand and water and letting the tank run = cycling, but if there isn't any waste to break down then the cycle never happens.
If you haven't, buy a test kit and have plenty of water on hand for large water changes with your fish because cycling with fish can kill them. You will likely have to do water changes every day.
Again forgive me if you have already cycled your tank, I just don't want your fish to die and you get turned off of saltwater. It really is fun and addictive.

No clean up crew yet...
yes the tank cycled everything is where it should be according to the fish store owner... I'm a Canadian citizen waiting for my green card so I have been watching like a hawk while I wait

I don't own a test kit yet... the fish store owner is a friend and came over and tested the other night. So start slow? Think I could do some hermit crabs and snails?

meowzer

I would get a few nassarius and a few cerith snails..and a test kit..lol...BUT since you already have 2 fish, you really need to be testing now.....like in a day....and then another one...then 2...for like a week...make sure you have no spikes...

meowzer

I personally do not like Red Sea....I tried a couple of their kits and they never worked right...I have the API SW kit, and some single kits like salifert.
I know there are better ones then my API, but that's what I have

crypt keeper

add fish slow. I'd put a new guy in few weeks. Say 3. This will give your tank time to adjust to the bio load that is going to face. If you add too many too fast it can cause issues and the tank to crach. Go slow Very slow.