NFL to have Thursday night games every week... your thoughts?

crimzy

Looks like the work stoppage is almost over. Although it hasn't been confirmed, it appears that the weekly Thursday night games will appear on NFL network (a premium channel).
First, I kind of like the nostalgia of having NFL on Sunday and a premium, nationally televised game on Monday night. I think it may lessen the matchups, or even the event that is MNF.
Second, doesn't it appear that the owners are going to fund whatever concessions that the players get with the additional proceeds from the Thursday night game... in essence, the people are funding the new concessions given to the players. I don't like that the owners are attempting to use the consumer's funds to make this deal.
Any thoughts?

mantisman51

Isn't that what all businesses do? If I pay my employees more, it is the customers who pay for it? I think this is an example of a union looking out for the union and not employees. I'll wait until I see what happens with the retired players pensions and medical coverage, but from what I've been reading, they still get fractions of a penny on the $ of the profit-sharing.

reefraff

Times change. Monday night football has never been the same since the original team left the booth.

bigarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimzy http:///forum/thread/386327/nfl-to-have-thursday-night-games-every-week-your-thoughts#post_3392574
Are you suggesting that you the Dennis Miller debacle didn't tickle your fancy???
Dennis Miller sucks .. What the hell were they thinking! It was the "dark days" of MNF .. Does anyone here remember the game they broadcast with no commentators? I don't think it was a monday night game but it sucked!! I'd rather that then having the likes of him in the booth!!

darthtang aw

Is someone seriously complaining that our football watching days just expanded from a guaranteed two days a week to three?
Darth (go watch soccer) Tang

mantisman51

Yeah, 3 days of football a week does sound appealing. NFL Network is part of my Dish Network basic package, so it works for me.

btldreef

Is someone seriously complaining that our football watching days just expanded from a guaranteed two days a week to three?
+1 I'm a girl and very excited at the idea of 3 days of football. My husband won't be so thrilled, it's one more night where I'll do nothing but yell at the TV! Lol

darthtang aw

+1 I'm a girl and very excited at the idea of 3 days of football. My husband won't be so thrilled, it's one more night where I'll do nothing but yell at the TV! Lol
I need to have a talk with your husband. Probably watches something silly like PGA.
Darth (four means a number, not incoming) Tang

darthtang aw

Sorry... I'm a true football purist.  Why not throw a game on Wednesday afternoon too?

What the hell is a football purist? You complain about this but don't complain about the stupid hitting rules being enacted this year? Oh wait, you are a lions fan...your team doesn't tackle anyway.
Darth (give me more) Tang

bigarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/386327/nfl-to-have-thursday-night-games-every-week-your-thoughts#post_3392669
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/thread/386327/nfl-to-have-thursday-night-games-every-week-your-thoughts#post_3392659
Sorry... I'm a true football purist. Why not throw a game on Wednesday afternoon too?
What the hell is a football purist? You complain about this but don't complain about the stupid hitting rules being enacted this year? Oh wait, you are a lions fan...your team doesn't tackle anyway.
Darth (give me more) Tang

darthtang aw

I ha e thought about your stance some crimzy...and I agre. This is a very bad thing....and extra game a week would just increase the chances of myself seeing the detroit lions attempting to play football on tv. Very bad idea.
Darth (a football purist) Tang

reefraff

aquaknight

Pretty much a non-issue. There were 10 Thursday night games last season. Tacking on 6 more isn't likely to change the chemistry of the NFL.

crimzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/386327/nfl-to-have-thursday-night-games-every-week-your-thoughts#post_3392693
I ha e thought about your stance some crimzy...and I agre. This is a very bad thing....and extra game a week would just increase the chances of myself seeing the detroit lions attempting to play football on tv. Very bad idea.
Darth (a football purist) Tang
No doubt that my lions typically stink like old garbage. But take a look at their D-line this year... they will put 5-6 quarterbacks out of the game this season... and your boy Romo is kind of a panzy!!

stdreb27

You know, I kinda like the extra game, one more reason, I don't have to pay attention to the wife, do chores or anything.