Night time pics form my 470

oceana

Originally Posted by goodwin9
Added 3 14K , 400 watt. I do like to color much better. Mixed with the existing 10K, the colors appear truer to me IMO.
I use a Magnavore algae magnet along with a algae scrapper wand.Weekly chore that takes a lot of time. I am waiting for someone to invent an iRobot for the aquarium. I'll be first in line to get one.

did you go with single or De halide? if you went with single you should try radium bulbs. IMO they offer the best numbers there is for the bluer scale blubs. they cost almost twice the cheapo bulbs but at 90 bucks per bulb they are well worth it imo. i get super fast growth and even better color out of them. the only down side is that they MUST be run on german made pulse start ballast in order to reach full potential

sleasia

goodwin I haven't kept up with this thread...Woah, this tank is so wonderful!! You can be so proud of it!!! Love the new lighting.
:happyfish

sharkboy13

dear lord, do u have a betta? btw i think i need to make some improvements on that tank so bettr ship it to me, dont worry ill tip the fedex guy

murph145

lookin good i also agree thats one heck of a setup!
im battling some aptasias now too i think im guna can the rock and get all new rock sicne ive tried every method available and none has worked

triggernut

Here are a couple of shots that I took of my tank tonight Enjoy!

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: OF YOU MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Incredible tank................... the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that costs. :thinking: Less 5 kids I would be $250,000 richer by now.

triggs

sleasia

murph....I started a new tank with live rock I bought from someone breaking down their tank...I started having problems with aptasias and injected them with lemon juice....I filled a 10cc syringe with lemon juice (Real Lemon from the grocery store) and injected a few drops into each of them....they srivelled up and died right on the spot....then when I put in 5 peppermint shrimp as part of my clean up crew, they apparently ate all the rest of them...I haven't seen any for a few weeks now.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by bill109
so is that your web page goodwin?
if it is you have 7 tanks..?
wow tht is simply incredible
My web page, still working on finishing it up. I hate to admit it, but I have a few more than the 7 listed on the website.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by mopar9012
do you know how many corals you have in the 470?
I haven't taken time to count. Easier for me to keep track of the fish...

mopar9012

I haven't taken time to count. Easier for me to keep track of the fish...
I was just saying looks like you have a lot. Very nice looking tank

goodwin9

My ETSS skimmer took a dump on me and forced me to replace it. The down draft tube on thr skimmer developed a 4" split and couldn't be repaired. Had to scramble to find a skimmer to handle the system and ended up going with a Deltec unit. Here a shot of it after we got it all plumbed into the system.

laredo300c

wow simply amazing....and to think that i just finished the two hour following of your new bigger tank...you have my favorite fish in their.....the scribbled rabbitfish....one day i will try to get my 210 dream tank.....i know the pic does the rabbitfish no justice....is there anyway we could see a close up of the rabbitfish...thanks