nikesb

new corals! pictures tomorrow
blue acro
forest fire digitata
blue/green tort i think
green birds nest
rainbow zoas! weee pics tomorrow

nikesb

lol! never saw it that way. it kinda is huh. it probably is after i put him in my POS of a tank when he was in one hella nice sps aquarium

nikesb

Thanks guys! This one was using my point and shoot. Canon SD1100 IS. The super clear ones last week were from my aunts Nikon's professional point and shoot (still not a DSLR). I use to sell cameras so I know how to work most of them. I get my white balance right by usually setting it by looking at something with all colors (green red blue) that are equal. then set it to macro, get it steady and there ya got it :p
The first ones were the rainbow zoas I was talking about. Theyre called rainbow delight but the pic doesnt really show their rainbowness.

nikesb

An xsi would get much better pictures than mine. The last time i worked with it, I went out on a sunny day and set the white balance outside. when what you see looks like what it actually looks like (colors) then go ahead and try it on the aquarium. The next thing would be your ISO. You would want to use the lowest ISO setting. I think 80 would be the lowest for a 1/16 shutter speed. I usually toy around in the 1/16 and 1/32 range for SLR cameras. keep in mind, all this has to be done in manual mode. set the camera to macro and try it out. The hardest part will be getting the white balance correct

nikesb

Once you practice, You'll realize how to basically set the exposure for maybe longer to get a brighter pic if the white balance is off. the f-stop is another setting that you just have to toy with