Nike's 34g DSA Neo-Nano

nikesb

thank you guys. meowzer, the tank is 24 x 24 x 13. i'm still decideing how i want to do the lights. its between a ati 6x24 or a 150w halide. i know the halide will give me problems especially during summer

nissan577

if you know the t5 are better then the MH why have a problem choosing. IMHO the only amazing thing about the halides is the colors some bulbs give off and the shimmer affect.

meowzer

Originally Posted by nikeSB
http:///forum/post/3247350
thank you guys. meowzer, the tank is 24 x 24 x 13. i'm still decideing how i want to do the lights. its between a ati 6x24 or a 150w halide. i know the halide will give me problems especially during summer
I would go with the T5's then.....I'm telling you I love the T5 look on my 29G

nikesb

well the only reason for the mh is the coverage i would get with it. and its cheaper haha. the 6x24w ati is like 420 without bulbs. no one else makes a 6x24w fixture. looks like i'll be saving for awhile ahaha. i should sell off my corals and start a new with a 6x24w.

meowzer

Originally Posted by nikeSB
http:///forum/post/3247364
well the only reason for the mh is the coverage i would get with it. and its cheaper haha. the 6x24w ati is like 420 without bulbs. no one else makes a 6x24w fixture. looks like i'll be saving for awhile ahaha. i should sell off my corals and start a new with a 6x24w.
I think I know someone who would LOVE to have some of those awesome colored zoas you have

nikesb

the tank is 24" x 24" so i want to maximize the placement of the corals. this will eventually be sps dominated and a couple of ultra clams for center pieces

nikesb

oh and that 8 bulb fixture will suffer from salt haha. and its a bit too wide. it alright, ill save up for an ati fixture. best reflectors, cant complain

nikesb

yeh i saw those and was very interested in them, but after talking to a local reefer, his was damaged in less than 6 months. i've emailed tek asking them if they were bringing out a 6 bulb 2ft but they havent replied yet

maelv

You can always just use one of the MH from your existing tank until you get that ATI fixture. They are pretty steep. :)
I like that picture. How is the sound of the cascade? Is it overwhelming? I really like that tank, and think I have my wife talked into getting one after I finish school. For now, I am just stuck with my 60 gallon cube. Which is nice. I love the dimensions of my tank with the exception that I wish it were a little shorter, so this tank here is just perfect.
I didn't even realize that a LFS has one as his display tanks, and is looking to replace it, said he'd cut me a deal. I need to see what this guy has to offer ;)