Nike's 34g DSA Neo-Nano

nikesb

Thanks! I did get a new light. Since this tank is now more for my mom, i wanted to get a fixture that she didnt have to keep changing lights, so i went with leds. She was recently diagnosed with thyroid cancer so she wanted to get the tank started back up so that she could have something to take her mind off things. I sold the ati sunpower fixture and bought a reef reeders it2040. This light is ridiculous for the price. At 30" through water, its hitting 300 par with 90 degree lenses. I have mine set at 50% blue channel and 40% white channel. I think its still too powerful, so ill be dialing them back again today

sweatervest13

I am sorry to hear about your mom's health. But I think that is great that you are getting the tank going for her to help take her mind off of things.
I look forward to seeing this tank develop. Keep up the good work.
I recently ordered a pair of the IT2080's from reefbreeders as well. Still waiting to hear when they ship. I am not holding my breath for them to come too quickly. It was the bulb replacement that pushed my decision in the end. And those fixtures have a lot of potential as well. I am excited to see what you can do with yours.

nikesb

Frags came in today!

RPE

Happy PE

Midori Magic PE

Enchanted Dragon PE

Dark Phoenix PE

Blue Agave PE

Original Mummy Eye

Reeftech Sunburst
Also got a blue flasher wrasse from divers den

Updated pics of the rainbow anemone. Really hard to capture the yellow orange over the green on this one

gemmy

I am jealous of the zoas that you won!!! I was going to try and get in on the contest, but by the time I was done work the contest was over. :(

nikesb

Thank you all. I am dealing with gha again but it seems to be slowing down. The biopellets are starting to outcompete it, ill post an fts once done with that

acrylic51

I just seen 1 of these tanks setup last week and actually like the tanks.....I'm curious as to your bio pellet reactor.....Give me some more insight on your unit....What brand etc.....Are you running the output through your skimmer....Any cloudiness upon initial start up.....

nikesb

Im using a next reef mr1 short reactor teed off my return. I converted it to an smr1 series so that it provides a higher flow and can hold the pellets. It exits im front of the skimmer intake, but not plumbed into it. Im using 500 ml warner marine ecobak. Perfect for my 50g total volume. I added only 1/4 of the contents per week. No bloom or cloudiness. Also no cyano thus far. Only clumps the day of putting in the pellets, a quick shake of the reactor removed the clump