Nissan 3g Pico Diary!!!!!!!!!!!!

nissan577

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3197506
You may have answered this ... are you putting any fish in this tank?
Just curious, because I'm about to do a 3G Pico (shh, if my husband finds out before I put it together, he'll kill me).
I saw one that a friend did with a tailspot blenny it it, think the tank is a little small for that so trying to see what others do since it is one of my favorite fish.
you can do a tailspot blenny but if you will move it later on then it will be good
also clown goby work great.
and yes a canary blenny

J

jplace003

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3197506
You may have answered this ... are you putting any fish in this tank?
Just curious, because I'm about to do a 3G Pico (shh, if my husband finds out before I put it together, he'll kill me).
I saw one that a friend did with a tailspot blenny it it, think the tank is a little small for that so trying to see what others do since it is one of my favorite fish.
I am planning on maybe small goby and pistol shrimp pair, not sure how well this tank will hold being such a small amount of water, I figured if you do 20oz water change every 3-4 days you should be good.

J

jplace003

I got the idea from someone that you ship coral frags ect...Nissan am I right in thinking this ?
If so can you contact me ;)

troy9899

well even if they dont i can get around any ip address ban so i just have to use this acount because the comp i am on is ip baned

meowzer

Originally Posted by troy9899
http:///forum/post/3197590
well even if they dont i can get around any ip address ban so i just have to use this acount because the comp i am on is ip baned

I really think you should stop mentioning that ...it really sounds like you ar gloating that you got around something
JUST forget the past...and let's go on for now

nissan577

ok. no more of that.
back to my pico!

the lights are off now and they will be back on at 12 pm eastern time. mom if you can remind me about the pics like at 4 that will be great!
i wanna give the corals time to relax

J

jplace003

More pics more pics !!! Oh yeah look at your profile I replied to your comment Nissan

debbie

Hey Nissan looking good.
You know the little filter that it comes with, that is what I have been using for the past year on my 3 gal and after you posted that picture of that amazing 3 gal tank of someone elses it gave me the idea to remove the lower portion of the intake and see what happens, well i have water moving now let me tell ya so I won't be ordering that Tom Dive Clean Mini filter I was asking you about. I much prefer this kind (the one I have) over what this other one looks like. Thanks for posting that pic hey....

What do you plan on putting in yours for livestock??
One thing I can comment on is the sexy shrimp, I see you want lots of zoas, the normal green zoas (bigger ones) are fine but the smaller ones these little shrimps just love to pick at the center of them. I feed the shrimp and everything so if you want some nice zoas i would stay clear of the sexy shrimp just my opinion and experience. My cleaner shrimp does not bother a thing though.
My little yellow clown goby is doing just great, that is a must I think. I love yellow and love love love the yellow tangs so this is the cloest thing to a yellow tang I will ever have in my tank.....

Hey keep us posted and good luck with your new little pico you will love it when its all done.
Debbie....

nissan577

Originally Posted by Debbie
http:///forum/post/3198037
Hey Nissan looking good.
You know the little filter that it comes with, that is what I have been using for the past year on my 3 gal and after you posted that picture of that amazing 3 gal tank of someone elses it gave me the idea to remove the lower portion of the intake and see what happens, well i have water moving now let me tell ya so I won't be ordering that Tom Dive Clean Mini filter I was asking you about. I much prefer this kind (the one I have) over what this other one looks like. Thanks for posting that pic hey....

What do you plan on putting in yours for livestock??
One thing I can comment on is the sexy shrimp, I see you want lots of zoas, the normal green zoas (bigger ones) are fine but the smaller ones these little shrimps just love to pick at the center of them. I feed the shrimp and everything so if you want some nice zoas i would stay clear of the sexy shrimp just my opinion and experience. My cleaner shrimp does not bother a thing though.
My little yellow clown goby is doing just great, that is a must I think. I love yellow and love love love the yellow tangs so this is the cloest thing to a yellow tang I will ever have in my tank.....

Hey keep us posted and good luck with your new little pico you will love it when its all done.
Debbie....

hey debbie

well i will be posting pics up of the tank and hope you like them. anyway as for now im using my bro 50/50 18 watt light with the stock 9watt 50/50 light until i get the 36watt one. everything is coming along super!
as for inverts ima do pom pom crab and harlequin shrimp.
fish a clown goby or a canary blenny till he gets big then he goes in the big tank.
thanks and i will keep you updated