Nissan new 29 bio cube Diary

nissan577

yea and i ask my lfs and they said it was a great light. they even have it in there DT as well. but i wanna know what you guys think of it. what do you think subie?

nissan577

PAGE 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kholla12

Its simple If you want SPS you NEED t-5s or MH.You will not be able to keep any SPS under PCS.Just keep the lught you have one your tank now.And zoas/LPS and any other softies will be fine.If you want SPS you must get better lights PCs just wont cut it.And stop adding things to your tank that you dont test for.You need to find out the problem why your colars arnt doing well and its not your lights.

nissan577

Originally Posted by kholla12
http:///forum/post/2832156
Its simple If you want SPS you NEED t-5s or MH.You will not be able to keep any SPS under PCS.Just keep the lught you have one your tank now.And zoas/LPS and any other softies will be fine.If you want SPS you must get better lights PCs just wont cut it.And stop adding things to your tank that you dont test for.You need to find out the problem why your colars arnt doing well and its not your lights.
man it has to be the lights. cause look my frogspawn, candy, and favia are doing good in my tank. and for a fact i know is that they need much more better water quality then zoas or softies. now howcome those are doing great and my zoas have long stretch necks? all my corals are really close to the lights except the zoas they are half way in between. the lps were close to the lights. except the frog. those are doing great. and now that the favia and candy are in my bro in law tank they got better color. so yea it has to be the lights. even the pic proves it. and the zoas that are in my bro tank dont have such a long neck they all got smaller!
so if you think its the water quality then howcome the frog, candy, and favia were doing great? explain

kholla12

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2832198
man it has to be the lights. cause look my frogspawn, candy, and favia are doing good in my tank. and for a fact i know is that they need much more better water quality then zoas or softies. now howcome those are doing great and my zoas have long stretch necks? all my corals are really close to the lights except the zoas they are half way in between. the lps were close to the lights. except the frog. those are doing great. and now that the favia and candy are in my bro in law tank they got better color. so yea it has to be the lights. even the pic proves it. and the zoas that are in my bro tank dont have such a long neck they all got smaller!
so if you think its the water quality then howcome the frog, candy, and favia were doing great? explain
Zoas are very easy to keep.If there not higher end.Look at your zoas close you might have some pests.Nudis ect.How old are the bulbs?People keep all these corals under pcs and the do great.Its not the lights.Maybe the bulbs are old.

nissan577

Originally Posted by kholla12
http:///forum/post/2832212
Zoas are very easy to keep.If there not higher end.Look at your zoas close you might have some pests.Nudis ect.How old are the bulbs?People keep all these corals under pcs and the do great.Its not the lights.Maybe the bulbs are old.
why do you keep saying its not the lights? i just told you about my lps!

the bulbs i think are like 5-6 months old. and no my zoas dont have any little pest or nudis. i look at my zoas really close. and yes they will open but the necks will stretch alot. and they told me that the reason of that is cause the lack of bulbs. and people that have a biocube either upgrade the lights

nissan577

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2832235
I still got stock lights
yea but your lights are better in wattage then mine. my lfs told me that watts do a difference as well and i agree. cause they have a biocube of 29g and there zoas are like mine! stretching! and they have a 14g like yours rebel and those zoas are perfect!

kholla12

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2832220
why do you keep saying its not the lights? i just told you about my lps!

the bulbs i think are like 5-6 months old. and no my zoas dont have any little pest or nudis. i look at my zoas really close. and yes they will open but the necks will stretch alot. and they told me that the reason of that is cause the lack of bulbs. and people that have a biocube either upgrade the lights
Yes you told me about you LPS.There doing fine and they need more light then your zoas.PCs light bulbs should be change every 5-6 months.If you think its the lights save your money and buy some MH.But all you need to do is change the bulbs. also give your zoas a good dip in RO DI.

nissan577

iam gonna buy metal halides. the coralife pedant! 150w for 150 bucks.
and why should i dip the zoas in RO DI water? they are doing great in my bro in law tank

nissan577

yep. and i dont have a problem with that.
question also. what could eat hair algae? or what is the best way to take it out?
im asking cause im take out my lr i have now and put new live cured rock thats coming from my established 75g. both water parameters are the same. but some of my corals have some hair algea and i dont wanna have to put it with my new lr. since i know it may introduce it right? anyone please help

nissan577

i was thinking of getting this Sally Lightfoot crab. ive had it before and it help alot with algae. you guys think it will help?