Nissan new 29 bio cube Diary

fcatch76

I suggest you research the lights yourself and make up your own mind. We are confusing you more than helping you..lol.
PC lights should be changed every 9-12 months.
Watts, is simply the power consumption of the bulbs, should not be used as the deciding factor.
Although halides won't have to be replaced as often as PC's, considering the cost of running halides (well, you live home, so consider it for your parents..
).

nissan577

lol. yea im kinda confused! lol.
ok so this is what i did today. i went to my lfs and tested it for water. my calcium is at 550. so they said not to dose bionic. my alk is pretty great!
and for phosban or phosphate what ever it is, its a little high. they told me to do a water change so i will.
about the sally im not gonna get it. what about a rock blenny?
and as for the coralife HQI lights. i ask my lfs and they told me its at a great price and that i should get them. and if i wanted i could switch them for a sunpod! lol

so hopefully you guys agree with my choice for light

nissan577

also guys
i think i lost my royal gramma as well! my clown fish got ich and so did my gramma. i saved the clown but couldnt save the gramma

nissan577

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2833694
Sorry to hear about your fish, where did you put your clown and sixline?

its ok. for now they are in my 30g. but the 30g has no lr so it will be easy to catch them. but man i love the gramma

subielover

Nissan, if your fish had ich, every tank you put them into will now have ich. You should go to the disease/treatment forum and read up on it. It is gonna be a long process, but you are gonna have to get rid of it. Good luck.

nissan577

no i know. the tank i put them in now. is going down. im not gonna set it up. yea i know its a long process. and i know my tank has ich now. but i notice cause my sixline is doing great. i lied about putting him in the 30g. i thought i did but i just notice hes in the bio cube. and he has no sign at all! like he has no signs of anything. i wasnt here for a couple of days. and thats when they told me my clown had ich. and they said everyother fish was great. but when i go back and saw the royal gramma had spots on him i tried to take him out but i couldnt get him. i believe hes dead since i havnt seen him. but my sixline thats in my tank is doing great! like he has no signs at all and acts like how he always ask.

nissan577

Originally Posted by patrick8929
http:///forum/post/2834161
man thats no good!! but you are going to have to get that ich out of your tank
i really dont know. like when i saw the clown is had spots in him. not alot though. maybe like a few around his fins. yet the sixline (6-pack= his name) is doing great. with no signs of anything at all. so i think it wasnt ich. like if i look at my sixline hes normal and no signs of anything at all. but the clown look like if he had.
anyone help

mckevinfang

sorry to hear about your loss
gramma
not an expert on ick i personally never had it but it had to be introduced by something you added? it doesnt just appear

hopefully your other 2 fish are alright

good luck with trying to solve the problem post pics if you can

nissan577

thanks mckevin

i know thats weird. but the thing is the sixline thats in my biocube has been there for a while and they told me the clown got ich on thursday. which i wasnt here. so im wondering if it was ich or not. since my sixline is doing perfect and has no signs. i really hope it wasnt ich. cause when i bought the fish nothing had it! and my fish were fine for a long time. and out of no were he had spots! so what can it be. i havent added nothing in the tank recently plus the sixline is doing great! please anyone help me! i dont know what to do! it cant be ich well thats what i think! anyone your help or comments will be great

nano-newb1983

yo nissan,
remember a week or so ago i said i was going to see if i can get some coraline scrapings from LFS. well i got some and it seems to be working,i got alot of it spreading